No new friends

Lately things in the bay area had gotten worse. The murder rates were constantly rising and it was on the middle of the summer. Police brutalities had doubled and the people were fighting back. For once the blacks and Hispanics had come together for something, only to turn around and kill one another. Parent's were afraid to let their children come out side for a fear of retaliation. Police put everyone on curfew hoping that the crime would slow down, but because we live in the bay area nothing slowed down, it only increased. The few people who were brave enough to stay out past curfew paid the price for for poking their chest out. Nothing seemed to be slowing down so I made sure to keep safe.

Momma still hadn't returned home after she left for granny's house. She would call every now and then to check on me and make sure I was OK. Deep down momma had no desire to return home, she just wouldn't admit it. My parents divorce didn't bother me much. I was more so concerned about my sisters. For the most part they were taking everything well. Daddy decided to call it quits and filed for divorce. My parent's had been together since high school and this divorce was killing the both of them. Daddy packed up and headed south to be with his new girlfriend. He had no intentions of coming back, neither did momma.

I had accepted the fact that I was living alone. My family had torn apart and I was left with the broken pieces. At night I would walk through the house and listen for the faint voices that seeped through the walls. Some nights were harder than others. Usually I'd cry myself to sleep at night but hearing my sisters laughter through our thin walls make my pain a lot easier. It was almost like throw Stephanie to the wolves and hope she survives. What my parents didn't know was that I had the skills to survive, and I would do what needed to be done for me to stay afloat. As if my family life hadn't taken a toll on me, my so called friends faded into the dark. Word had got around that Evette wasn't fucking with me. The one person I called my best friend had turned her back on me. That would be a day I would never forget.

I didn't my usual walk to the corner store for a box of Juju b's and a ice cold soda. Like I thought Evette and the crew would be outside flirting with the local gangbangers. As I approached the girls turned their back to me and carried on as if I hadn't just walked up. "Hey whats up. Long time no hear strangers." the clique carried on their pointless conversation about nothing. Thinking to myself I knew something was up. "Hey Evette, Alisa, and Tanell", Shelly turned around and gave me a stare that let me know my company was no longer welcomed. Shelly and Alisa walked off to follow one of the wanna be thugs that stood in front of the store. My heart dropped to the floor. My clique, my girls, my sisters, my best friends had just turned their backs on me. Sad part about this is I had no clue why.

Evette appraoched me in a hostile manner. "Stephanie you no longer roll with BBC's. You can't relate to hood bitches and we don't need any squares holding us back." My ears couldn't believe what I had just heard. My mouth dropped to the floor as Evette read me the riot act. "You one of those wanna be bitches and I don't roll with those. You have it better than a lot of us, and yet you complain about whats going on with you. Fuck you Stephanie. You ain't no real hood bitch." Tears rolled down my cheek as I made eye contact with my so called 'best friend'.

Everything in me wanted to break down. My family had fallen apart and now my friends no longer wanted me around. My blood was boiling the more Evette opened her mouth. Finally I had reached my breaking point of disappointments, disrespect, and people belittling me. It was time for me to finally give all three of those hoes a piece of my mind. "Fuck you Evette I don't want to roll with you nothing ass bitches either." The cliques attention was on me. "Y'all ain't real friend anyway. How the fuck do you roll together but every chance you get y'all dogging each other? Maybe it's not me who should be excluded from this shit. It's all good though I wont throw anyone under the bus. I will say this though..Evette if you ever in your life disrespect me like you just did, I'll give you every reason to need these weak ass bitches you roll with."

My words pierced Evette's ears. Tanell and Alisa began laughing as if I was joking. "And why you two bitches laughing I wouldn't laugh too hard. Tanell you have a lot of nerve to even fix your mouth to say shit to me. Aren't you the same bitch sleeping with Mrs. Mason's husband? oh wait...the abortions. How many was it? two,three, or four?"

Tanell knew all her secrets had just been outed. She stormed off without fixing her mouth to retort anything back. "Alisa let's be for real, you are one of those no self esteem bitches who roll with a clique cause you too scary to stand on your own two feet. These two bitches never had your back when you fought. Oh and it's always good to have a friend with money. Free shit for the team." Breaking out in laughter a crowd formed around us. "For your information Richie ain't just fucking you. You better ask him when was the last time he snuck in Evette's window." If looks could kill Evette would have been a dead soul at the moment. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean Stephanie? all my bitches is loyal and because you don't roll with us you making shit up?"

Alisa was a little on the slow side and nothing really registered to her. "You slow bitch it's just what I said. Pay attention to the hoe's around you. Keep your grass cut and you would see the snakes." Alisa jumped in my face as if that was a problem that she wanted. By the time I realized what was going on, we had a bigger crowd around us. We were borderline on 'their' territory so I didn't want too much trouble.

Evette was furious with me. Not because of what I had to say, but because her little rendezvous with Richie was over. Pushing her way through the crowd Evette and I were now face to face. "Evette don't even try me. This is not what you want." I guess my words didn't phase her. In that instance Evette wanted to give the crowd some type of entertainment. what happened next shocked me. I would have never thought in a millions years that my best friend would have fought me. Little did Evette know I would go toe to toe with her, giving her a run for her money. Anyone who knew me knew I wasn't the fighting type. I hated fighting, it never solved anything and at the end someone always ended up hurt.

Evette was a well known street fighter with the best hands out of the Oakland. I've seen Evette put a couple bitches down. I had to give her props when it was due. It wasn't until she tried her hand with me that she was put on her ass. I admit she got the best of me, but I got the last hit. The fight started in front of the corner store and moved to the Hispanics territory. We were treading in dangerous waters, but I was willing to risk my life to get out of this fight. I knew if I didn't stop she would try to kill me. We managed to get in a few more hits before I struck out running.

I ran as fast as I could through the Hispanics neighborhood. Tears covered my face as I continued running. My feet ran so fast my body couldn't keep up. If it wasn't for Mike I probably would have died that day. As he rushed me into the house Antonio looked as if he just seen a ghost. Nothing was more important than my safety at the moment. Good thing Mike's parents weren't home.

My emotions were all over the place, and the only thing I could think of was Antonio and not blowing our cover...