Prologue

Footsteps pounding against the ground. Heart beating wildly. Sweat dripping from her brow. Her breathing ragged and uneven.

She needs to escape. Before it's too late. She can't do as they wish her to. It's...unnatural and terrifying.

No, no, no. She won't go back! They'll have to kill her before she willingly surrenders to their demands.

She blindly continues to run, uncertain of where she's headed. She doesn't have a plan. Other than putting as much distance between her and them.

Where will I go? She thinks, her mind a swirling mass of questions and fears.

I have no credits. No one who I can turn to in this time of crisis.

Tears threat, but she refuses to give in now. If she heads down that path, she'll never get far enough away.

She suddenly hears the sounds of droids. Dank Farrik! No! She won't surrender! She can't.

She spots something metal and shiny only a few yards away. What is it? Some kind of ship? She doesn't know. She's never been inside a personal space carrier before.

A high pitched shill sounds, alerting her to the fact that the droids are gaining speed and closer than she realizes.

I have to hide! But where? She frantically looks around at her surroundings.

Much to her dismay, there doesn't appear to be anywhere that she can hide. It's too open out here.

She silently cursed herself. She should have thought this through better! Now those despicable droids would catch her, dragging her back.

A flash of light and sharp whistling sound flew by her. She gritted her teeth and leaned towards the left, the lazer just narrowing missing her.

She raced towards the ship, if that's what it was, and looked to see if maybe she could slip inside until the droids gave up their hunt for her.

Another lazer beam shot towards her, striking her in the right shoulder. She had to bite her tongue in order to not cry out.

Damn droids! Why couldn't they just self destruct? She'd give anything right now for a blaster of her own, just so she could have the satisfaction of blowing them to pieces.

She suddenly spotted a small opening in the back of the ship and got down on her hands and knees, trying to wiggle her body through it.

"STOP!" One of the droids shout. She ignores them, still trying to squeeze her body inside the small opening.

"What the hell?!" A man's voice startles her, causing her to freeze.

"Damn droids! Stop firing at my ship!"

"We have no choice but to fire," the droid replies. "We're here to retrieve the target and return them home."

"Get the hell out of here!" The man growls. "Before I blast you and return you back in pieces!"

"I'm sorry. But we have our orders! Target acquired."

The droids flew to where she was and before she could cry out or protect herself, they...fired.

.......