Twelve

"Once we deliver the bounty back to Greef," Din tells Cressida. "I want to take you somewhere..special."

Cressida feels her heart constrict. She doesn't want to go somewhere special with...Din.

It's only going to make leaving him all that much harder. She forces the corners of her mouth  to go upward.

"Sounds...mysterious." Din chuckles softly and Cressida can feel her body responding to Din's beautiful deep voice.

"I wouldn't say it's mysterious, cyra'ika," Din says. "But it'll be worth the effort."

"Uh oh," Cressida tries hard to keep her tone light, despite of this awful heaviness beginning to settle in her chest.

"Sounds like whatever it is, we're gonna have to break a sweat."

"It won't be terribly difficult," Din says quickly. "But yes, there will be some hiking involved."

"Maybe I should just let you carry me." Din chuckles again and Cressida fears if be doesn't stop, it's going to be her undoing.

"I could. If you insisted." Cressida tries to chuckle, too, but it comes out weak.

"I'm sure whatever it is, I'll enjoy seeing it with you."

"Yes," Din says softly.

Cressida forces another smile. She figures that she may as well do as Din wants.

After all, it'll be their last time together.

......

Cressida decides to allow Din to turn in the bounty to Greef, alone.

He doesn't protest. Cressida is glad for the silence while Din's gone. She needs this time alone to figure out just when and how she'll slip away.

Obviously, she'll have to do it when Din is either hunting for another bounty or when Din is..asleep.

She knows it'll hurt him and Cressida doesn't want to cause Din any pain.

However, if doesn't leave, Din will end up...dead. And knowing that she'd been the one to kill Din Djarin, is far too much for Cressida to bear.

As much as Cressida doesn't want to cause Din any hurt, she knows that he'll eventually move on and will continue with his life, as a Mandalorian and a bounty hunter.

And without having to worry about rather the people who want her dead, are going to kill him, too.

...

Once Din hands Alzone Geer over to Karga, he takes a long stroll in the town, not wanting to rush back to Cressida.

Normally, Din would have been eager to return to her. However, something was gnawing away at him, from the inside out, regarding Cressida.

Ever since she'd rescued him from the Sarlacc pit, she'd seemed..distant and almost..cold towards him.

At first, Din thought he was imagining things. He thought that maybe the reason Cressida was pulling away from him, emotionally, was because she felt guilty about the fact that he'd almost died because of..her.

Which was most likely the truth.

Except...the more Din thought about it, the more he began to wonder if it had more to do with the fact that they'd...made..love.

Had it really been that strange for her? Din thinks. I had thought Cressida wanted to do that. Maybe..I was..wrong.

Din isn't certain what to think. Was the reason Cressida was pulling away was because he nearly died?

Or was it something else entirely? Din sighs. He turns, heading for the Crest and eager to take Cressida to Naboo and maybe see if things can't revert back to how they were between them.