Three

Din gazes back at the small, green alien child as he holds him in his hands.

The time is here. The Jedi has found them.

All that time searching for someone who was the child's own kind and now, the man standing only a few feet away, has arrived to take the child away with..him.

Warring emotions stir within Din. He always knew this moment would come.

He just hadn't wanted it to come so quickly.

He knew he'd have to give Grogu up. He knew nothing about the Force or any of that shit.

He was a Mandalorian and a bounty hunter. What he could he possibly know about some crazy power that supposedly could be used as a weapon?

"Don't be afraid." Tears threaten as Din sets Grogu down and he gazes up before waddling over to the man cloaked in a long, black robe.

The man reaches down, gently lifting Grogu and turns away, wishing that the Force would be with them.

He turns away, walking out. Grogu peeks over the man's shoulder, smiling at Din, who feels the tears gathering in his eyes.

He knows this is for the best.

Even though it's killing him inside.

......

Din angrily flips the different controls on the ship, muttering under his breath.

Dammit! He really needs to stop getting himself involved with individuals who drag him into ridiculous situations.

He thinks that maybe he shouldn't even bother going after Cressida. Who knows what sort of nonsense she's embedded in?

Din guides the Razor Crest up, higher, leaving the earth's atmosphere, as the ship eventually reaches space.

He huffs loudly, shifting uneasily in his seat, antsy and annoyed by this sudden turn of events.

Din tries to talk himself out of going after Cressida. He doesn't want to be involved.

Physically or emotionally.

He already dealt with that crap after he made the decision to not turn in Grogu.

Now, the kid is gone and so is Cressida.

"Dank Farrik!" Din growls, almost violently pushing the throttle on his ship, causing the Razor Crest to flip sideways, jostling everything in board.

Din hears a crash in the back and it only fuels his anger.

This is shit! He thinks, his thoughts twisted and tangled together. He gets a mental image of Cressida, as she was flying away, those damn droids taking her who knows where.

She looked scared to death. Din sighs. He knows he'll try and find her.

He just wishes he didn't care so damn much about someone he barely knows.

.......

Cressida is dropped, hard, on the floor of the palace, in front of the man in white robes.

She curses loudly. Oh, maker! This won't end well.

"Did you really think you could run away from me, girl?" The man sneers. "I own you!"

"What the hell is the matter with you?" Cressida asks, careful to keep her tone low and controlled.

"Shacking up with a Mandalorian! Tsk, tsk, tsk!" The man clucks his tongue, as he turns away momentarily, to reach for a small, black, circular device.