Chapter 2

Please comment and vote on this story if you want more chapters :)

You raised your hand to shield your eyes from the pounding rain as you watched the stranger retreated into the darkness as if he had never been there. You considered calling someone, anyone, but figured no one would believe you. They'd brush the broken window off as a result of the storm and since there were no other signs of forced entry, you'd be labeled crazy.

You turned back to the house but an odd, compelling feeling washed over you. As if being pulled by an unseen force, you whirled on your sore heels and raced off into the woods, following the same path the boy had taken.

Taking huge leaps and bounds over fallen branches and logs, you chase after the boy. You can't explain the feeling, but you felt like you had to find him. You needed to find out more about him. He obviously didn't begin his trip with good intentions so why did he spare you? Why did he take care of the glass in your feet? Why did he care?

Questions whirled around your mind as you let your feet carry you deeper and deeper into the dank forest. Rain pelted you from all sides but you locked your jaw so your teeth didn't chatter. The wild winds wiped your now drenched hair around your face but you ignored it and pressed on.

The trees in front of you thinned out until you came upon a clearing. You stopped in the center of it and spun in a slow circle, trying to decide which direction he went. Your eyes came to rest on a tall and unusually thin tree. You squinted through the rain at the odd tree and nearly stumbled as tendrils emerged from its back. You watched in silent horror as the thing you previously thought was a tree telephoned feet from you.

The thing was wearing a black suit and it's face was paper white and void of all features. He was a good three feet taller than you with tentacles snaking out of his back.

Your vision blurred like a video warped by static and an ear-splitting ringing noise rung out in your head. Slowly the forest around you floated away and the last thing you saw were pitch black tendrils curling around your limp body.

***

"This is taking too long," a deep male voice groaned.

"Shut up and be patient," another snapped. "She had a rough night."

"You have Toby to thank for that," scoffed the first voice.

"Hey," a vaguely familiar raspy voice growled, "I could have killed her. That would have been worse."

The room quickly silenced as you groaned, pulling the covers up over your eyes.

Wait. Room? Covers?

You forced your eyes open against the bright light of the room. You blinked rapidly and the blurred shapes that surrounded your bed focused. You took a sharp breath as you realized you were surrounded by a room full of odd men.

"At least she didn't scream," Shrugged the boy closest to you. He wore a white hoodie and black jeans and his long black hair stood out on his pale white face. He grinned at you, the corners of his mouth cut from ear to ear in a malevolent smile.

"Are you sleepy?" He asked, his horrifying face inches from yours.

"Knock it off Jeff," a short boy dressed all in green scolded, chucking a pillow at the pale boy.

"For a video game addict, BEN," Jeff sighed, patting his hair down, "You're no fun."

"G- guys, cut it out. Y- you'll s- scare her," stuttered a boy in an orange hoodie. His face was completely black save for two huge red eyes and a red line for a mouth.

"Yeah," said the boy beside him who was eating a slice of cheesecake a little too quickly. "What he said."

"Where am I?" You demanded, struggling to keep your voice steady.

"Welcome to Slender Mansion, child," a haunting voice called. You turned to see that the voice belonged to the tall pale man from the forest. He was sitting in an armchair with is hands clasped in his lap.

How does he talk without a mouth? You wondered.

A deep chuckle erupted from the man and you realized he had read your thoughts. You whipped your head around to face the boy with the blue hood.

"You were at my house...," you whimpered. "Why didn't you kill me?"

"Wasn't in the mood anymore," He shrugged.

"Liar," BEN coughed into his sleeve.

"Shut up," He snapped.

"Lighten up Toby," Jeff grinned at me. "At least you brought home a pretty one."

"Leave her be," the man in the suit sighed.

"Not you too, Slenderman," Jeff groaned. "I'm only having some fun."

"Can someone please explain to me what the hell is going on?" You shouted angrily.

"You followed me into the woods after I left," Toby recounted. "You got a little lost so Slender went out to get you so you wouldn't end up dying out there in that storm."

"Why did you bring me here?" You questioned.

"Toby requested it," Slenderman nodded. "Said you could use a place to rest."

"I'm fine," you scoffed definitely. As if just to spite your words, you coughed violently into your elbow.

"Looks like you caught a cold," Toby observed with a smirk. "Those wet clothes were probably to blame."

You looked down and stared in horror. Your wet jacket and jeans had been replaced with a small pink nightgown.

"Don't worry," Slenderman chuckled, reading your thoughts. "We had Sally change you."

"Unfortunately," Jeff mused, earning himself a glare from Toby.

"You should get some rest," Toby announced and got to his feet. The other boys all followed in suit and filed out the door one after another. Toby was the last to leave and he hesitated in the doorway.

"Sleep well," He said quietly, then left and closed the door behind him. You fell back onto your pillow with a sigh.

What a night.