Chapter 6

Smile layed his head on your lap as you dug into your delectable sandwich with the ferocity of an animal. You'd skipped breakfast and lunch today because you were far too busy cleaning the mansion. It was amazing how much dirt a hoard of psychotic killer teens could make.

You fed Smile your crust and sighed as you finished off your meal and contemplated if you should have another or not. Deciding against it, you scampered off into the den where Eyeless Jack and Masky were having a heated conversation about eating habits.

"Kidneys come from the body," E.J. pointed, "so they can't be bad for you."

"You eat a ton!" Masky cried.

"Speak for you self!" E.J. howled. "You go through six entire cheesecakes a day! And that's on a good day!"

"You both eat a lot, now shut up!" BEN snapped, not looking up from his game. The two masked boys muttered under their breath but didn't continue the argument.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" A voice called from the top of the stairs.

"What, Toby?" You called back.

"Can you come here for a minute?" He asked. You pushed yourself up off the couch and padded up the stairs. There was a chorus of 'ooo's and 'awwwww's but you quickly silenced them with a glare.

"What is it?" You asked Toby as you pushed his door open. He was sitting on his bed with his goggles and mask abandoned on his nightstand.

"I need your help," He sighed, pushing his hair out of his eyes.

"With what?" You inquired skeptically.

"How do you plan a date?" He asked quietly, twitching more than usual, as he did when he got nervous.

You got an odd feeling in your stomach. A kind of... aching feeling. You ignored it and plastered on a smile. "Who's the lucky girl?"

"Y- you wouldn't know her," He smiled nervously.

"Well," you sighed and plopped down in the bed beside him, "I guess it depends on the girl."

"What would you want?"

"I guess I'd like it to be romantic but not sappy," you shrugged. "Like a picnic or something relaxing like that, you know?"

"Huh... I've got an idea! Thanks (Y/N)!" Toby grinned lept from his bed. He grabbed your hands and pulled you to your feet, wrapping his arms around you in a tight hug. You hesitantly returned the hug.

Toby doesn't normally act this way, you thought, he must really like this girl.

Another aching feeling tore it's way through your chest and you released Toby.

"I- I have to go," you said, not making eye contact with him. Before he could say anything, you raced down the stairs, grabbed a random jacket from the rack, and bolted out the door. You whistled and Smile bounded out after you, panting and wagging his tail as you picked up a stick.

You chucked it as far as you could and the big red dog darted after it, barking happily. You pulled the sweatshirt you'd grabbed over your head and you knew who's it was by smell before you actually saw it. It smelled of sandal wood chips and metal.

Toby.

You groaned inwardly at your selection. Toby was your closest friend here, besides BEN. When Toby had told you he was going to ask a girl on a date, you'd felt this strange feeling. Was it jealousy? You'd never really been jealous of anyone before. As Smile returned with the stick, you patted his head and took Toby's sweatshirt off. You'd decided to support him and help him get the girl, whoever she was.