Chapter 20

Hey everyone! We're really, really close to 5k reads, so I thought that it was close enough and I would go ahead and thank you guys with a chapter twice as long as normal! Thank you all so much for the reads, votes, and comments. I love interacting with y'all and hearing what you think about my story.

I may not be the most frequent updater, but thank you to everyone who's stuck with me since the beginning and also those who have just found this story. Thanks for all of your support and feedback! I appreciate all of you and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Toby cursed under his breath and threw another large stone at the outside wall of the abandoned building. He felt awful about hitting BEN and he knew that Jeff cared about (Y/N) despite how he acted and wouldn't do anything to seriously harm her. But he was just so frustrated! (Y/N) had already been gone for twenty-four hours with lord knows who doing lord knows what to her. For all he knew, he would be finding her lifeless body.

Toby growled, threw another stone at the wall, and turned to watch the stars. A crumbling noise made him return his attention to the wall. To his surprise, the wall had caved in to reveal a doorway. He stepped cautiously to the door and turned the handle. It was unlocked.

The door led to a dimly lit stairway leading straight down into the ground with no end in sight. He twitched nervously. The stairway gave him an eerie feeling, but despite the aura of death it gave off, he felt like he needed to see what horrors it held at the bottom.

Down, down, down Toby trekked. After what felt like hours, the end of the narrow passage was finally in sight. A bright, white light leaked through a cracked door about thirty steps down. As Toby drew nearer, his anxious feeling grew. He thought about his friends stories above him. What had they found? Was he just wasting time? He took a deep breath at the bottom of the staircase and pushed the door open slowly. Inside the cold, white room was...

You stared in awe at the door of the room. Toby stared back, obviously surprised, with tears in his eyes. Without saying a word, he ran to you and kissed you, running his hands through your hair and down your shoulders as if searching you for wounds. When he broke away, you both were crying.

"I love you," he choked.

"I love you too, Toby," you laughed through your tears. He kissed you again and leaned his head into your shoulder with a broken laugh.

"Are you alright?" He asked suddenly, jumping back to examine you. His eyes fell on your bleeding wrists and you saw the anger welling up inside him.

"I'm fine," you answered quickly, but your voice was quiet and he could tell you were lying. You were extremely light headed and your thoughts felt cloudy. Your wrists ached and your body begged you to sleep, but you couldn't. You wanted to be strong, for you and for Toby, but you couldn't keep from shedding a few tears. You quickly blinked them away and whispered, "I'm fine," again.

"I'm getting you out of here, alright?" He said quietly and reached for one of your wrist straps.

"No!" You shouted and clenched your fists, causing fresh blood to flow from the wounds on your wrists. Toby stared in horror.

"What do you mean, no?" He said with a voice that sounded like a pained whimper.

"If you try to release me, he'll kill you," you shivered.