Chapter 15

Toby grabbed your hand and spun you around in a circle, laughing and smiling down at you as the music blared around you. You'd been at the party for what felt like hours, but you'd only just arrived half an hour ago. You were certain that this night would last forever. The bodies of Jeff and Eyeless Jack brushed against you as they danced past you. BEN was dancing with Jane a few feet away, but you were far to focused on Toby to be interested in your best friend's choice of dance partner.

"I thought you didn't like to dance," you shouted over the music to Toby.

"Correction," he called, smirking and twirling you around again. "I don't like to dance unless it's with you."

"I'm so flattered," you laughed. There was very little light in the foyer, but the candles illuminated Toby's features none the less. You slipped your hands around his neck and stood on the tips of your toes to kiss him lightly on the lips. He stared down at you, his bright hazel eyes reflecting the dancing creepypastas around the pair of you. His googles were pushed up over his head, pulling his messy brown hair back from his eyes. In the pale light, he looked like an adorable child with eyes that sparkled with excitement and anticipation. He craned his neck down as you fell back onto your heels and kissed you back, fiercer than the playful one you'd teased him with.

"I could really get used to this," you stated breathlessly.

"Being in a room full of psychos and paranormal creatures dancing to rave music?" Toby inquired with a laugh. You just rolled your eyes at him and kept dancing. After about another hour of dancing, you made your way over to the refreshment table with Toby hot on your heels. He was very persistent in his task of not let you out of his sight. He poured you a glass of punch and handed it to you. You sipped it quietly and scanned the dance floor for people you recognized. 

Jeff and BEN were in the thick of it, laughing and raising their glass that certainly did not contain punch. Eyeless Jack seemed to have hit his dancing limit and sat against the wall, his head tilted to the side as if he'd fallen asleep. Jane and Dark Link were drinking off to the corner and Dark Link was clearly making a pass at her, and failing miserably. You set your glass of punch down beside you and stretched your arms above your head.

Toby slipped his arm around your shoulder and leaned down to whisper in your ear. "Are you having any fun?"

"You could call it that," you laughed, pushing his face away from your ear. He frowned at you and leaned against the wall behind you and since his arm was still around your shoulder, he took you with him. You stumbled back and he caught you easily, ignoring the glare you shot him. There was a tall man standing a few feet away with his head down, but you just ignored him. There was an enraged shout from across the room and your gaze shot to Jeff, who was looking like he was about to pounce on brown haired boy with scars on his face and the corners of his mouth. He was fiddling with his grey striped scarf nonchalantly, his eyes challenging the slightly shorter killer. Something about the green eyed boys smile reminded you of Jeff himself.

"Not again," Toby sighed and untangled his arm from you. "I'll be right back. BEN's too small to hold Jeff back."

"Don't let BEN hear you say that," you called after him, but he was already gone. 

You picked up your punch from the spot you'd left it and decided to down the rest of it before it got too watered down. Setting your now empty glass on the table beside you, you leaned back on the wall with a sigh. As you watched Toby and BEN try and pull Jeff off the smirking boy, your head began to throb. You'd been at the party only three hours, but you'd danced more than you ever recalled. The music was loud and pounding and it seemed to echo off of every dancing body in the room. Your limbs felt numb and you began to slide down the wall and onto the floor. Your vision focused in and out on your surroundings and panic gripped you. You tried to call out to Toby, to anyone, but you couldn't speak. You couldn't move.

"This was much easier than I thought it would be," a voice sneered. You blinked your eyes rapidly as you tried to focus on the face that loomed over you. You made out a flash of bone before your vision went black.

"(Y/N)?" Toby called as he returned to the spot he'd left you at. BEN and Jeff were at his side, Jeff sandwiched between the two boys so he wouldn't try and run back into the fight. "(Y/N), we've gotta go."

Eyeless Jack stopped by the table and sniffed the air like a dog. He looked down at the table and picked up a glass, smelling the inside of it cautiously. "Is this hers?" He asked.

Toby took the glass and examined it carefully. "I think so. Why?"

"I'm sorry to break it to you, dude," Eyeless Jack sighed, "but I think someone roofied your girlfriend."

"What!?" Toby shouted. "We've got to find her!"

"Take it easy, dude," BEN mumbled, obviously trying to keep the worry out of his voice, "We'll find her. But I think our best chance is finding the guy that took her. Find out who was near her when you left and where they are now. You find who's missing, you find (Y/N)."

"Okay, okay," Toby nodded, not bothering to keep his voice from trembling. "You're right, but the only person close to her was some guy over there. He was leaning against the wall with his head down. I couldn't see his face."

"She had to have drank the whole glass for it to knock her out this quickly," Eyeless Jack observed. "The glass is still wet, so she couldn't have been taken long. We might run into the guy. I say we split up and look for anyone suspicious."

"Good idea," Jeff nodded. He didn't seem to be the same angry, drunk boy he'd been moments ago. The familiar laugh in his voice had disappeared and been replaced with seriousness and determination.

BEN offered to take the east portion of the house and Toby took the north, where he'd left you standing. His face was unreadable, but his three friends could easily guess what he might be thinking. Eyeless Jack put a hand on his friend's shoulder and muttered, "It wasn't your fault."

Toby didn't say a world as he turned his back and stormed onto the dance floor in search of the man who'd been standing in the corner.

"I'm going to run back to the mansion and get Smile.dog," Jeff offered. "He might be able to help us."

BEN and EJ nodded and watched him go before exchanging a worried look and darting off to search for (Y/N) and the man who'd taken her.