Chapter 16

I'll save my excuse for lack of update till the end.

Tap. Tap. Creeeeek.

Your head was pounding.

Tick. Tap. Screeeeech.

The odd noise rung in your ears as if welcoming you back to consciousness.

Click. Snap. Craaaaaaack.

Still drowsy, your eyes refused to open and you couldn't move. You swallowed the feeling of alarm as your foggy mind began to clear and the night came rushing back. You'd been waiting patiently for Toby to wrangle Jeff and sipping your drink. You'd set it down for only a moment and...

Everything went black.

Drip. Drip. Screeeeech.

The strange and unnerving noises continued, but you couldn't pinpoint exactly where they were coming from. You determined you were in a fairly empty room since every sound echoed. Someone had removed your coat and your bare arms and legs were pressed firmly against cold metal. The room smelt strange and oddly metallic. You tasted blood in your mouth and figured you'd probably bitten your tongue or cheek.

Snap. Tick. Creeeeeek.

Though you were fairly certain you could move and open your eyes now, you decided to hold off and buy yourself time to think. Whoever was in the room didn't know you were awake yet and you preferred to keep it that way, if only for a little while longer.

A loud crash nearly made you jump and blow your cover. It sounded like it came from the opposite end of the room, behind your head. You thought it may have been glass breaking, but you weren't sure. Someone cursed quietly under their breath which allowed you to determine your captor was male. He was shuffling the glass across the floor loudly and muttering. As he moved farther away from you, you let out a slow breath of relief. The man suddenly went completely silent.

You felt someone's breath on your neck and flinched.

"Good morning," the man chuckled. You slowly opened your eyes to see a man with fine black hair and red eyes leaning over you. He wore a face mask with a sharp toothed grin painted across the mouth. You got only a few moments to look at him before he clicked on a bright overhead light. You grit your teeth and winced into the bright light, determined not to let the groan building in your throat escape.

The white light seared your eyes through your eyelids and it took you a few moments to adjust to it. You blinked quickly, colorful spots darting across the room. A few feet away, the man had his back to you, busily cleaning something shiny. You swallowed hard and tried to lift your head up to get a good look at your surroundings. Your head throbbed with pain and the room seemed to spin. A quiet whimper escaped your lips and the man laughed softly in your ear. He grabbed your hair and yanked your head down and you yelped as the back of your head thumped against the metal table. Blinking wildly and taking deep breaths, you fought the blurry black edges of your vision. You knew you had to stay awake. You closed your eyes for just a moment to escape the binding white light that caused your head to throb harder.

The man tsked with a shake of his head and you heard him tapping a syringe.

"We can't have you falling asleep now, can we?" he grinned. He gently brushed your hair away from your neck and held your chin firmly between his thin fingers as you tried to shake your head to escape the thick blue liquid. Despite your protests, the man plunged the needle into your neck and your body began to feel stiff. You were wide awake but you couldn't move. With a dry throat, you tried questioning the man to buy some more time before he put his instruments to work.

"W- Why did you take me?" you rasped.

"I didn't," the man shrugged. "I had a friend fetch you for me."

"But why?"

"Because," he snickered, "I've had my eyes on you for quite sometime. My deepest apologies for causing you to take that tumble off the roof, by the way."

You recalled the party at Slender Mansion when someone on the roof had startled you and caused you to come crashing down into Toby's arms. You hadn't thought of it in quite some time and almost forget it'd happened entirely.

"That was you?"

"Of course it was me," he smiled and reached for a scalpel. "I needed to be sure you were The One."

"The One?"

"Yes, The One," he sighed. "Are you done interrogating me yet? I have work to do."

"One last question."

"Get on with it."

"Who are you?"

"I'm Doctor Smiley," he smiled softly and pointed his scalpel at your stomach, "and I'm here to help."

BEN pushed his way back through the crowd to where he'd seen EJ standing with Jane. The masked boy still stood with the pale, raven haired girl and they leaned close to one another, talking in hushed voices.

"Evening Jack," BEN snapped, "How's your date going?"

Jack turned to face the smaller boy and though BEN couldn't see his eyes, he knew EJ was giving him an impatient look.

"I know you're worried about her, but I'm trying to help, just like you," EJ sighed. "I think Jane could be of some assistance. She always seems to find Jeff and though that isn't very hard, seeing as Jeff is a complete idiot, she may be able to help us find who we're looking for."

"I've heard some talk," Jane shrugged. "Some of the other pastas have been chattering about a man looking for someone called 'The One'."

"The One?" BEN echoed.

"Apparently, The One is the only person who can take down Zalgo."

"Zalgo? An experienced Creepypasta can't even scratch him!" BEN gasped. "Are you saying whoever this guy is took (Y/N) because he thinks she's this 'One'? She's just a human!"

"That's why I think this guy took her," Jane frowned thoughtfully. "The One is prophesied to be a pure, human girl with no blood soiling her hands."

"(Y/N) has never killed anyone," EJ interjected.

"Her blood is supposed to be like acid to Zalgo."

"Her blood? But doesn't that mean...," BEN choked.

"Yeah," Jane nodded. "Whoever has her, doesn't need her alive. They just need her blood."

Sooooo here's a chapter! Yay! I've been unspeakably busy with school and had no chance what so ever to write. I'm taking all double honors classes and tests are 60% of my grade so you can imagine I've been working like a mad man. Buuuut, I had no homework tonight so I decided to check Wattpad to see if anyone missed me.

Sure enough, I had comments from you guys asking for updates and saying how much you loved this story. It instilled a new wave of determination in me and I was inspired to write for the first time in months. I want to thank you guys have have stuck around for being patient with me and to everyone who left comments praising this story! It really makes me happy to see people enjoying what I love to do, so thank you.

I will be trying to update more frequently now, at least once a week maybe. I love you guys and it feels great to be back!

As always, Thanks for reading! Leave a comment or vote if you liked this chapter! I promise there is more to come! c: