Chapter 1

OLIVER

----------------------------

Blood.

Its red and thick.

Its everywhere.

It's flowing through all living things on this planet. Sometimes, when he thinks about it for too long he gets tingly. Not in a good way.

It's also all over the boys bathroom floor. 

His vision started to become blurry, black dots entering his line of sight. Sounds of laughter left the bathroom. Jerks, he thought to himself.

Groaning, he wobbled his way off of the floor and took a few steps towards the mirror. His left eye was black and puffy, while his lip was busted and bleeding. He watches as the blood from his nose dripped into the sink. 

Maybe if I was normal this wouldn't be happening to me

Angrily, he slammed his fist into the counter and stared up at his reflection. Dirty blonde hair was hanging down into his face. His glasses were crooked and the left lens was broken from the punch. His emerald eyes were shining with tears as his bottom lip started to tremble. His stare quickly turned to disgust. 

How can a guy be this ugly? Curse these stupid freckles!

Oliver had freckles covering his nose with some spreading onto his cheeks and forehead. His whole life he's hated them. His mother assured him that they were beautiful many times. And he believed her. Until he got to high school, that's when the bullying started. 

Ripping his eyes away from the reflection, he dug in his bag until he found a grey makeup pouch, of which he had disguised as a pencil case. He put it in his bag a few weeks into grade 8 when he came home with a black eye. His mother already had enough to worry about. He rubbed concealer over the bruise until it was barely visible. There wasn't much of a point in it anyway. No one's ever looked twice at him. He likes it that way. Hiding in the shadows.

He liked to be alone.

-------------------------------

KENDALL

------------------------------

Kendall Pierce. The future Alpha and most attractive guy in Hall Valley. Every girl (and the odd guy) wanted a piece of him. Everyone's dreamt of being his mate at least once in their lives. And he loved it that way. He's been the center of attention his whole life and he wasn't about to let that disappear.

He practically strut down the hallway. Girls were staring at him as usual, mouths wide open and eyes wide, talking amongst themselves. Everyone was hoping he would go up to them and claim they were his mate. 

It was nothing he was in control of. He was just born this attractive. 

Rounding the corner, he was knocked back by someone slamming into his rock solid chest. 

"God damnit" He cursed as he stumbled back slightly from the impact. "Watch where you're going dumbass"

He steadied himself and looked down to see who smashed into him, but no one was there. Whoever it was is fast as hell. 

"Weird" He muttered to himself.

Picking up the pace, he began walking to his next class, but was instead slapped in the face by the most intense and mesmerizing smell. A tell-tale sign that meant his mate was near by. 

Frantically, he swung his head around, closing his eyes and smelling the air to try and catch the scent trail. 

Aha

The scent was coming from the hallway to his left. The bell rang, but he didn't care. He had to find this girl. But dead end after dead end, he came up empty. The scent kept getting stale and he couldn't take it. He needed to know who she was.

And fast.

He wasn't sure how much longer he could go without her.

-------------------------------