Chapter 5

OLIVER

----------------------------

As soon as I hear the bell ring I've already grabbed my bag and raced out the door. I have to get away from Kendall as fast as possible, before I do something I might regret.

I hear him call out my name but I ignore him. The halls are crowded and it's hard to make my way through all the people. After a lot of pushing and shoving I make it to the front doors. I was about to grab the door handle when somebody grabs my backpack. 

It's not very hard to guess who.

Turning around furiously, I look at Kendall, trying to look as mad as I possibly can. I doesn't work very well because he starts smiling.

"Where are you going so fast?"

I grab his arm and take it off my bag, ignoring the tingles of pleasure that shoot up my spine as I do so. "Leaving. Schools over idiot."

He looks at me annoyed. That clearly was not the answer he wanted, but I'm sure as hell not going to give him the one he did.

"Why were you ignoring me in math?" I almost laugh at the question. He can't be serious.

"Because I don't like you. Simple as that. Can I leave now?" Instead of letting him answer that question, I turn around and walk out the front doors of the school, forcing myself not to look back at him as my heart aches in my chest.

-----------------------------

KENDALL

-------------------------------

A stabbing pain rips it's way through my chest and aims straight for my heart. I take a sudden intake of breath and have to rest my hands on my knees to stop myself from falling over.

What the fuck was that?

Wincing in pain, I turn around and walk back to my locker to grab my bag, all the while thinking about Oliver. I can't believe I thought he was a girl. It's true, he does look feminine, but he doesn't look feminine enough to be a woman. 

How could I hurt him like that? The one person I was destined to be with.. and I hurt him? What the hell is wrong with me? 

The more I thought about it, the more nothing made sense. I'm a guy. Oliver's a guys. It's just against everything the Moon Goddess stands for. It's unnatural and weird. Maybe she made as mistake. Yeah... yeah she just messed up. My real mate is out there as confused as I am, just waiting for me to come claim her as my own. I just have to find her and reject Oliver. Easy as pie.

I didn't realize it, but I made it home already. Walking up the front steps I take my keys out of my pocket to unlock the door. Walking in, I hear my step-mom laughing and my fathers chuckles. I guess they're both home early today.  

Throwing my bag on the couch, I take off my shoes and walk into the kitchen. My dad's the Alpha, so he did have the choice of living in the Pack House. But my mom and him decided that they wanted as normal a life in a smaller house that's perfect to start a family. Which brings my younger sister and I into the picture. I'm not getting into those details though.

My mother died when I was four. My dad remarried not too long after and that's when my little sister was born. I don't really miss my mom though. I was too little when she died and I don't remember much about her. She was beautiful though. My dad says that a lot. They were true mates so it was hard for him when she died. He found my step-mom though, and they're perfect for each other.

"Kendall! Your home! How was school today?" My mom asks as she turns around from the stove. Her long black hair was tied neatly into a bun, and her olive skin was covered in flour. I could tell she was baking. Other than the obvious mess, she get's really happy, and her green eyes shine more than usual. My dad used to tell me that he was the luckiest man on earth when I was little, he said that The Moon Goddess blessed this family with another chance. I guess he was right about mom, but not about my mate. 

Sighing, I plop down into a chair at the kitchen counter. "It was.." I begin to tell her that it was good, the usual. But I stray away from that and tell her everything about Oliver. I didn't mention anything about my plan to reject him though. My mother believes that everything the Moon Goddess does has a purpose. Bullshit.

By the time I'm finished, my mother has nothing but concern in her eyes. My father is just stunned, his eyes wide and unblinking. Not surprising.

"You know you can tell me anything right Dal?" 

"Yeah"

"Okay.. I just wanted you to know that your father and I." She glanced over at my dad and angrily elbowed his side. 

He clears his throat and adjusts his glasses. "Oh um. Right. We want you to know that we accept you"

I glance back and forth between them, confused. What do they mean accept me?

"What do you mean?"

And now my parents are confused. They look at each other before my mom says "We accept that you're gay Honey" she goes to continue but I stop her.

"Woah woah woah. I'm not gay" I wave my hands in the air frantically, trying to prove my point.

"I- um.. well I just thought.. since you said Oliver was a boy" She glanced at my dad, unsure if she heard me right. 

"Yeah, he is a guy. But I'm not gay. The Moon Goddess just made a mistake, that's all. It's an easy fix though, don't worry about it." I jump off the stool and make my way around the island towards the stairs. 

"Kendall?" 

Annoyed, I turn around to look at my mother. "Yes?"

Taking her apron off and resting it on the counter, she takes a few steps towards me. "The Moon Goddess doesn't make mistakes hun" She rests her hand on my shoulder. 

Angrily, I push her hand off. "Well clearly, she does" And with that I've stomped upstairs and slammed my bedroom door

--------------------------------------