Chapter 8

LUNA (Akela)

-------------------------------------

I don't think I've ever felt this bad for someone in my entire life. Oliver had just finished his second crying session of the day, and it was unbearable to sit through. I can't imagine his pain. The one person who was supposed to love him forever, had rejected him. Like he was nothing. I wish I could do something to help him, I really do. But I don't know who his mate was, and even if I did.. what could I do about it? If I could kick them out of the pack I would in a heartbeat. But life isn't that simple. 

My question is who, why and how would someone do that to Oliver. As far as I'm concerned, he's never done anything remotely bad in his life. He's an angel. Who in their right mind would reject him?

When I find them I swear-

"Luna? Are you okay?" Oliver's awake. Thank god.

I turn to find him looking at me with those big green eyes filled with concern. Gosh he's adorable. "Yes, I'm okay Oliver. I should be the one asking you that question" I tease. he seems to catch on and smiles at me. It's fake.

"Yeah hahahah" The laugh is fake too, but I pretend not to notice and laugh with him.

This poor kid. What else could go wrong in his life?

I look back up at him. "Would you like to stay here?" He looks surprised and unsure. "Just for a little while at least. Until you get better."

He seems to light up at the idea and nods his head eagerly. I smile at him and head towards the door. "I'll come get you when dinner's ready" He nods and I shut the door behind me. Making my way to the kitchen, I decide I'll make a nice chicken noodle soup. Something homey for Oli.

-----------------------------

Sorry it's short. If I added all the ideas I have for the next chapter into this one it would be wayyy too long haha