Chapter 10

OLIVER

--------------------------------

Where do I go now?

I'm too far away from my pack to go back... I don't know what way the pack house is anymore either. 

I limp through the forest, taking in my surroundings. All I see are trees, trees everywhere. The forest smells of wet soil and my nose is beginning to hate the smell I used to love so much. 

My brain takes me back to running through the little forest behind my house, my mother on my trail. The wind blowing in my face as my mother chases behind me, the smell of wet soil burning in my nose. I'm whipped back into reality when my leg reminds me its broken. Only then I realize that a tear fell down my cheek. 

I wish I could go back, I just want to go home and jump into my bed, watching true crime and eating popcorn all throughout the night. 

I just want to go home.

-------------------------------------

KENDALL

-------------------------------------

By the time I finish helping my mother with the dishes, Layla walks back in through the back door and shuts it behind her. 

I hold out my arms and Layla runs into them, laughing. I laugh along with her and bury my nose into her hair. I feel like I'm hit with a ton of bricks when I realize that her scent reminds me of his. I stop abruptly and she peers up at me through her eyelashes, confused. "It's nothing" I say, shaking my head. 

I let go of her and take a few steps back. She pouts and crosser her arms. "I'm going to the bathroom"

"Okay baby. Be quick." She smiles and then runs upstairs, her blonde hair drifting behind her. 

I sigh and then my mother sticks her head out of my sister's bedroom. "Have you washed the dishes?"

"Yes mom." I cross my arms.

She narrows her eyes. "Dried them?"

"Yes mom"

"Okay..." She disappears and I head upstairs.

---------------------------------

AKELA

--------------------------------

I turn and shut the door softly. Aniya was making a fuss as usual and didn't want to go to bed. Eventually, after a few bedtime stories and songs, she gave in. God, I love her to death but sometimes she really gets on my nerves.

I chuckle as I walk upstairs. I was about to step into my bedroom, when I notice that Olivers bedroom light isn't on. Concerned, I turn around and slowly peek into his room. The window is open, and the curtain is blowing from the wind but other than that, there's no movement. 

I close the door and begin to walk towards Kendall's room. Just as I'm about to open the door, I hear muffled... Oh Jesus, take the wheel.

"I'm going to open the door in 3...2...1"

I open the door with my eyes squinted preparing to see the worst. Kendall and Layla are sitting on other ends of the room, both breathing heavily like they just ran a marathon. 

"Kendall, have you seen Oliver?" I put my hand on my hip expectantly. 

He raises his eyebrow and I see Layla roll her eyes in my peripheral vision. "No mother. Why?"

My eyes widen as I take in what this may mean. I've grown attached to Oliver way too quickly. "He's not in his room."

Kendall has his annoyed face on that I see way too many times a day. "He's probably just outside"

"Yeah. Okay I'll go check"

-----------------------------

I sit on the couch and stare at the fireplace. He's not here. I searched the whole house, and outside. He's gone.

Kendall and Layla walk downstairs, and notice somethings wrong. 

"Mom? What happened?"

I look up from the fireplace and all Kendall. "He's gone"

-------------------------------

I UPDATED- 

i honestly have no excuse for this- i just haven't had the inspiration i guess-

um. hope you liked this chapter...?