Chapter 13

I skipped school... again. I brought Michael to my place, mostly because he deserves a break with me. I made him pizza in the kitchen, and I'm pretty proud of myself. I didn't burn it this time, and I actually remembered the cheese. Point for Luke. I put all of the slices on one plate, and head back to my room. The door is closed. And locked?

"Mikey, babe, open the door." I say.

"No!" He says, his voice is thick so he's been crying.

"Michael."

"Go away."

"You can't make me leave my own room, kitten." I say through the wood. I can hear something moving. "Michael, open this door! Now!"

"No!"

"Michael Gordon!" I shout. "I made pizza, and if you don't open this door, I'll just eat it by myself."

"Slide it under the door?"

"Nope." I say smugly, sitting cross-legged on the floor outside. I take one bite out of every piece, knowing that he'll open the door eventually. And, right on cue, it cracks open.

"I only want one piece."

"Only one?" I smile up at the one eye peering at me through the crack. He nods. He opens the door, looking at the pizza. He frowns.

"You bit all of the tips off." He complains.

"Shoulda opened the door." I say, kissing his wet cheek as I walk past him and sit on the bed. He stands in the doorway for a moment, before taking a right down the hall. "Mikey, where are you going?"

"Bathroom."

"It's the other way, kitten." He reappears in the doorway.

"Never-"

"Don't say nevermind. Go use the bathroom." I instruct him. He's seriously only going to make the situation worse the more he let's it control his actions. He hesitates, but eventually goes to the bathroom. I wait patiently for him, flipping through the channels. I stop because Toy Story is on, and I haven't seen that in forever. Michael finally trudges back, crawling into bed. He doesn't cuddle me, but grabs a piece of pizza.

Ten minutes pass before I hear something. At first I'm confused, but then it translates, and I realize that Mikey is crying. I look over at him. He doesn't even have half of his pizza finished. Big tears roll down his cheeks.

"Kitten? What's wrong?" I ask, quickly moving the plate away from me so I can wipe his tears off. He shakes his head. "No, tell me. You can tell me anything, you know that."

"It hurts." He says, hiccuping.

"What hurts?" I ask, already moving to go get the painkillers for him. He doesn't like to complain about the pain, so when he does, it's for real. Is that why he was crying earlier? He hiccups again, pointing to his head, and then to his chest. "Would the painkillers work? I'm going to go get them, okay? Just stay right here." I kiss the top of his head quickly before running to the bathroom to find them. (Blue flower, red thorns if I remember correctly). I grab the bottle taking them back to him. He takes two of the pills in his hand. He's shaking slightly, downing them as fast as possible. I sit beside him, pulling him closer.

"Thanks." He mumbles. "It's been hurting all day." He rests his head on my chest. I run my fingers through his hair, watching the movie. My eyes start getting heavy.

"Luke." I hear Michael's weak voice. I didn't even know I fell asleep. "Luke." He shakes me lightly, snapping me awake. "It won't stop." He says, wiping at the insane amount of blood pouring from his nose. I quickly sit up. "I got it on the sheets...and your shirt. Fuck. I'm sorry." He says, leaning on me for support.