Chapter-8

Chapter-8

Hunter's POV

We are all sitting in my room. I am holding my mate in my arms. Her cheeks look red. I run the back of my fingers on them and hold her hand.

Clara and Mark are sitting side by side. He is holding her close.

"So, Linda is a witch?" I ask.

"Yes. I wanted to make sure that you are Angie's real mate. I wanted to make sure that you are not someone that has put a spell on her to make feel the pull and the tingles and all the... mate stuff."

"You didn't believe me either?" Mark asks.

"After the things we have been through, I don't trust anyone. I am sorry. I will tell you everything later." She tells him.

"Why would anyone put a spell on her?" She is a human. Why would they want to make her feel those things?

"Before I answer that, just tell me... Are you the only red wolf? Do you know anyone else who is a red wolf?" She asks.

"No. As far as I know, I am the last one. Although, I did hear a rumour that there was a child that is said to be a red, but I heard that she was killed along with her family. She is the daughter of Mountain pack's Alpha. She is a child and hasn't turned yet, but it was only a prediction. We will never know now."

"Haven't people come for you or have they not hunted you for being a red wolf?"

"My father made sure, no one knew I was a red wolf until I was fully trained. Even my pack members didn't know till I was twenty two years old. He took special care of me after he heard about what happened to that little girl."

"You are holding that rumoured little red wolf in your arms right now." She speaks and I gasp. It's like all the breath is knocked out of my body. I look down at her.

"No way." I hear Mark saying in shock.

"She is a Red Wolf?" I ask again to make sure I heard her right.

"She is." Clara confirms.

Not only is she not a human, she is a wolf. She is a Red Wolf. Red wolves are a rare breed. They are stronger, faster and dominant. She sure doesn't look like a dominant person though. They are considered superior to the other wolves.

There is a legend that hundreds of years back, there was a revolution in werewolves. They rebelled and made our existence known to the human kind. They lost track of right and wrong and started behaving as rulers. All the other werewolves made a pact to bring them together and put them down to sustain peace and keep our existence a secret as it was.

A plan was made and all the red wolves, at least most of them, have fallen into the trap and all of them were dead. Since then, only few red wolves have lived. Now it's only us both.

"People did come to take her one night. My mother died saving us. My mother's brother Uncle Anthony rescued us and taught us everything. He raised us. He trained us. He protected us. He created the rumour that we are dead to protect us. He didn't even tell Angie about herself or how important she is. She still doesn't know." Tears gather in her eyes as she speaks. Mark holds her close.

"How does she not know? Didn't turn into her wolf?" We turn at eighteen years of age.

"Uncle asked Linda to put a spell on her wolf and suppressed it all these years. Because of that, she developed headaches. I think it's because her wolf is trying to connect with her. She didn't have this kind of severe headache since her eighteenth birthday. It's the day her wolf would have come out for the first time. I guess, her wolf sensed you as her mate and it really wanted to come out today."