Chapter-9

Chapter-9

Angela's POV

I hear some sounds. Someone is talking and then an animal growls. My headache is not completely gone, but it's less. What happened? Why am I feeling tired? I was with Hunter and we were kissing.

Oh my God! We were kissing.

"Hunter." I say his name unconsciously.

"Angel." His reply comes instantly. Slowly opening my eyes, I meet his green ones.

"Angie! Are you okay?" Clara asks as she comes to me. She looks concerned.

"I am fine." I try to sit up and Hunter helps me. I am in his lap. Feeling embarrassed, I try to get off, but he doesn't let me. I then remember what happened. We were kissing and I had a headache. A severe one. It felt like someone is hitting my head. "I had a headache." I look at Clara. I haven't felt like this since I was eighteen. She looks at me knowingly. "We should go home." I get up quickly from his lap.

"You can stay here for the day, Angel." He gets up. As I look at him, I want to hug him and just be in his arms. Oh my God! He saw me crying in pain. Does he think something is wrong with me? Of course he does. What is he asks me? Even I don't know why. I don't know what to do.

"No, we-" Clay interrupts me.

"We can stay, Angie. It's okay." She gives me nod. "There is still a few hours before it could be morning. You need to rest."

"Okay."

Clay and I come out for a walk around the house. The house is so beautiful. It is surrounded by woods and there is a stone path to walk around. There are hug rocks to sit on. It feels so calming. I have always loved nature. I love bathing in lakes and ponds. Clay likes it too.

"What happened, Clay?" We are sitting on the rocks and feeling the breeze.

"You just had a headache and passed out." She replies. I sigh. She puts her hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay?"

"I am not." I stay silent for a second and she waits for me to continue. "I wish Uncle told me what it is. I don't even know what's happening to me."

"Angie." She pulls me into a hug.

"Do you think I might die soon?" I can't help but wonder. I something wrong with me?

"No-"

"I know that I coughed blood. It is not normal."

"How about we go see a doctor tomorrow?"

"We both know that's not going to work. We went to so many of them after my eighteenth birthday. None of them could figure out what is wrong." I pull away and wipe my tears.

"Nothing is wrong with you. I won't let anything happen to you. You are the only family that's left for me."

"That's what I worry about. I don't want to leave you alone. I don't want you to feel alone when you run."

"Nothing will happen to me."

I shake my head at her. I just stare at the woods and concentrate on the sounds of crickets chirping.

"You like it here, don't you?" She asks.

"I do." I reply. "Aren't you sick of running, Clay?" She chuckles at my question.

"Actually, no." I am surprised by her answer. "I got to live several kinds of lives as we travelled. I learned a lot. I lived in place fully because I knew that we will have to leave one day." She did enjoy her life. She should. I feel guilty that she has to run with me always. She should have a normal life. "That is until I reached this town."

"You like Mark, don't you?" She nods her head with tears in her eyes, smiling at me. "I know." I hug her. I am happy for her. She found a person she loves. I wanted that for her. She is twenty four years old and she should have her own life. "I am so happy for you."

"I know that you like Hunter." She smiles pulling away.

"It's obvious. There's no secret in that." We both laugh. "I like him. I really do." I sigh loudly. "I wish I could have a life here. He makes me feel all kinds of things. I don't know how to tell you-"

"I know. I know, Angie." Clay smiles. I nod my head at her.

"I want to be with him."

"Then you should."

"No! No! It's because I like him, I have to stay away from him." Clay looks at me understandingly. I hear a growl nearby. "What was that?" Why do I keep hearing growls?

"What?"

"I heard a growl. You didn't hear that?"

"No." I shake my head. Am I imagining things?

"I don't want to pull him into this running game." He should be happy.

"No. You should give him a choice, Angie. Let him decided that."

"I can't. I can't be selfish about this. Not about him." She holds my hand in support. "I wish we could have a chance. I wish I could like him all I want. I wish I could date him."

"You could."

"No!"

"So what, are you going to break up with him?" She asks in shock.

"Why are you shocked? I thought you didn't like him."

"You don't need to break up with him." She ignores my question. "We will be staying here for a year. Why not date him and see where it goes?" That gets me thinking. "You can't be going back just because we have to run." She is right. "I want you to be happy." She holds my other hand. "Take this chance, Angie."

"Oh Clay. Only if you promise me that you will take your chance with Mark too." I hold her hand.

"I will. I will." She says promisingly and hugs me. I let out my tears. And smile.

Maybethis could be a fresh start.

A/N:

Hey my cute dumplings!

Sometimes you just need to stop running. Sometimes you need a sense of belonging. When you find that person, everything changes. It's worth taking any risk.

Please VOTE and COMMENT.