Chapter 13: To look into her eyes

After the talk that Lucy and Lissana had, the celestial mage decided to go home to her old town to see her parents graves. Meanwhile, Natsu remained silent for days but Lissana was there to accompany him. Somehow the other guild members seem to be affected by the silent distance between Lucy and Natsu.

Days in the guild continued to be silent which Erza and Gray noticed as they sat together looking at the gloominess of their guild mates. "Why is everyone too lazy to do some job?" Erza said as she looked around the guild

"It's not that people are lazy, its more of they are affected to what happened to Natsu and Lucy" Gray replied as he finished his shaved ice

"But you don't seem to be affected..." Erza then looks at the empty bowl of ice of Gray then looks back at him

"So are you!" Gray shouted back while leaning forward

"It may look not but really I'm worried for the two" Erza then stared at her empty plate as she continued, "How I wish they'd get along already" Gray didn't respond when he stared down as well at his empty bowl. Breaking the erring silence, Erza started another conversation, "Hey Gray... Why not talk to Juvia... She seems to be really gloomy today" Gray then peeked to see Juvia and he saw a quiet Juvia staring outside of the guild.

"It's fine with me but how about you?" Erza then stood, "I'll just go on a small job instead Gray... Take care of Juvia" then she left to walk towards the request board.

As Erza left, Gray immediately approached Juvia and sat down infront of her. "Hey Juvia... What's up?"

"Huh?Gray!" Juvia said suddenly when her attention shifted to the ice mage

"Wow...First time calling me without the 'sama'" the ice mage then puts his arms behind his head

"Ah...I'm sorry, I-I'm just really sad today" Juvia then lowers her head again but her eyes were still seen and Gray saw her eyes were swelling up with tears

"J-Juvia d-don't cry!" Juvia wipes her tears away as she hears Gray stutter in fright. Gray then continued himself, "I'm not quite good with crying girls...anyway,why are you sad? is it because of Lucy and Natsu?"

"well, yeah...Lucy changed because of Natsu and Natsu changed for Lucy, they are in a complicated situation all because of a misunderstanding" Juvia looked back at the ice mage

"D-Do you want to go...out?" Gray asked as he looked away to hide his starting heating face, "Y-you know...just to g-get out of this gloomy place"

"Out? As in... like a date?" Juvia then leans forward to hear clearer the mage

"NO! I MEAN YES! I MEAN... Sort of, just to enjoy the day" Gray startled as he responded. Juvia slightly giggled as to how Gray have reacted, "Don't worry Gray, I'm not the obsessed Juvia today... More of a simple Juvia"

Gray then stood and extended his hand to the water mage, "Your not obsessed, just weird at times" Juvia giggled first before taking the hand of Gray then they went on to their some what 'date'.

Juvia and Gray went around town to hang around places. They spent time on the park, stores and more. But before the sun sets, the two mage went back to the park and stayed to a place where the river was near. They stayed there while lying down and stared at the sky. "It's the second time we did this huh Gray?"

"Yeah, um...Juvia?" Juvia then looked at the dark haired mage. As he caught the attention of the water mage, he continued himself, "What's with you and Lyon?"

"Nothing, just friends...why?"

"Just friends?" Gray then looked at the water mage wide eyes

"Yes... Lyon-sama actually told me that he likes me but I told him that it would be best if we were friends...why are you asking such questions?" Gray was suddenly silent by the water mage's question