Chapter 8: Confession

As Natsu walked home the celestial mage, Lucy has invited Natsu for dinner as a treat for walking her home. Dinner has ended, and they both went back to her room. Lucy was on her table reading her book while Natsu was sitting on her bed.

"Luce?" Natsu started as he was trying to capture Lucy's attention

"Huh? What is it Natsu?" she said not looking up to him

"Um...D-do you r-re-remember what happened in t-the forest?"

"Yeah...why?" Lucy still continued reading her book

"Well...I...just...uh..."

"Well? What is it Natsu?" Now the celestial mage looked and stood up and sat beside the fire mage

"Nothing...I guess I better go home" Lucy then held Natsu's wrist as he prepared himself to jump off the window. "Ah! Right! Use the door...Got it!" He said as he felt Lucy's grip to his wrist

"Stay with me a little longer...Natsu" She then lowered her head making her hair cover her face. "L-Lucy? Are you alright?" Natsu then sat beside her as he tried seeing the face of the blonde. Suddenly Lucy surprised him with a tight hug. "Natsu...before you leave can you at least wait till I fall asleep?" She then buried her face to the fire mage's neck.

Since Lucy was hugging the fire mage, Natsu's face was starting to heat up. He suddenly felt like hugging back the celestial mage. He hugged her by the waist and held her tighter making them even closer. Lucy then mumbled, "Natsu...thank you" Instead of responding back verbally, he hugged her even tighter and gave her a peck on her hair.

Lucy then looks back to Natsu and their eyes met. She started to blush and gave back the favor by giving him a peck on his cheek. "What was that for Luce?" Natsu said to his surprise. Lucy just lied down and hid herself under her blanket, "that was a good night kiss..."

"Oh... then don't I give one back to you?" Natsu said as he tried to pull down the blanket from Lucy. Not letting him see her blush really red, she just replied back "You just did... in my hair...Now go home!" As he heard her, he prepared again to jump from the window. But before he could jump, Lucy pulled down her blanket and said her good-byes to the fire mage. Natsu just then gave a grin to her and jumped off the window.

Lucy then thought to herself as she watched him disappear in the dark alleys. Oh Natsu... sometimes I don't understand how you act towards me. I don't know if you like me or you're just really like that. But you know what Natsu...I got something sure for you... I'm in love with you already.

Soon, Lucy closed her window and went back to bed smiling. She was blushing throughout her deep sleep. And probably dreaming about him again.

Natsu's POV

As I disappeared from the street of Lucy's apartment, I started to question how I felt for Lucy. I then thought to myself, what do I feel exactly for Lucy? A friend? Best friend? Special friend? Or my... special someone?

I then shook my head as I was starting to get confused, not only in the mind but also in my heart. I felt my heart beat so fast and I didn't understand why it is so. "What's wrong with my heart? And-and why is my cheeks starting to heat up?"

To my frustration I ran as fast as I can not knowing I have reached our house. I then looked for my blue friend, "Happy?! Happy!? I'm home!" A blue cat's voice then spoke in the dark, "Natsu? I'm here... I'm sleeping already"

"Oh... okay... good night then Happy..."

"Good... (Yawns)...night"

As I lied down in my swing bed, I started to think about Lucy. Lucy...you are so special that I don't even know what to classify you in my life...Huh...Lucy...