Chapter 10: Taking different directions

After the day Natsu walked away from Lucy, the fire mage became distant to the celestial mage. Lucy always made an effort to approach Natsu but he would always snob her. Most of the time, Natsu would spend the day with Lissana which made Lucy really jealous. So one day she decided to talk to Natsu really serious and won't let him walk away from her.

"Natsu...we need to talk" Lucy said as she stood behind the fire mage who was talking to Lissana

"What do we have to talk about? You don't tell people what you know!"Natsu shouted back to Lucy. All Lucy could do was shut her eyes because of fear. When she opened her eyes once again, she saw Natsu standing in front of her really angry, "Natsu, I didn't mean to keep that a secret from you... I was just-"

"No Lucy... I don't need your explanation, because whatever you say I won't listen to it." Natsu then turned around and grabbed the wrist of the white haired mage.

From then on, Lucy saw the man he loved walk away from her once again holding someone else. All Lucy could do was cry and cry. Levy has decided to bring home the blonde mage because she was not in a good condition anymore.

3 weeks have past and Lucy never left her apartment ever since Levy brought her home after her last encounter with Natsu. People from the guild really got worried that every day they would visit the young mage. Mira and the others never tried to mention to the blonde that Team Natsu went on a mission without her but instead brought along Lissana.

One day, Juvia came to visit Lucy bring some fruits she bought from the market. "How are you Lucy-chan? You look better than last week!" Juvia greeted as Lucy opened the door

"Hai! Thank you Juvia...I'm a lot better now, come in!" Lucy exclaimed as she moved to the side to let the water mage come inside her apartment.

"So Lucy? When do you plan to come back to the guild?" Juvia asked as she sat down in a chair in the kitchen waiting for the blonde to sit down next to her

"Well...I don't know... I don't know what will happen if I would see Natsu again with Lissana" Lucy then sat in front of Juvia looking away from her as she felt her tears are about to come again

"Oh about that Lucy..." Juvia then lowers her head as she remembered being told by Mira to tell the truth about Natsu

"Eh? What is it Juvia?"

"ano...Lucy...Natsu and the team went on their own mission without you...instead, they went on with Lissana" Juvia then bit her lower lip as she waited for Lucy to scream and hear her sob. But to her surprise she looked up and saw a widened eyes from Lucy but then was replaced with a smiling face. Juvia couldn't help her self to be surprised that she suddenly stuttered, "H-huh? Aren't you upset Lucy?"

"To be honest, a little...but if that makes Natsu happy then so be it. By the way... How long will they be gone?"

"Three months that's what Gray told me."

"Well then I'll take this chance to take some missions on my own..." Lucy then stood up with her fist up in the air showing her determination

"I can go with you on missions while I'm waiting for Gray-sama to come back..." Juvia offered while looking up at the blonde

"No thanks Juvia but I appreciate your concern... I want to go on my own so that I can forget about Natsu for the mean time and how I feel for him." Lucy then gave a grin that Juvia saw for the first time after the fight Natsu and Lucy had.

Moments later Juvia has decided to go home and give her goodbyes already to the blonde. Lucy was now all alone and she thought to herself, it's a foolish thing to say that I would forget how I feel for Natsu...he is my first love after all.

Lucy than sat down behind her door and started crying again. As she lift her head up despite the tears falling, she cried out "I'll do it for Natsu!" then let her self cry again for the last time.

Next morning Lucy planned to come out of her apartment finally after weeks of hiding from her reality. She has decided to wear her pink top with blue skirt. She wore her belt with keys and her whip and then gave a last look in the mirror, "Alright! I'm ready to go!"

As she stepped out of her apartment, local men riding a boat in the river then greeted her "Ohayou Miss Lucy! Long time no see!" Lucy waved them hello and shouted back "Hai! Hai! Ohayou!"

Lucy then continued her walk towards the guild, smiling throughout her walk as she missed the streets and the people. As she kept walking the down the street, she suddenly saw the park where she remembered the time Natsu confessed to her. She felt a tear dropping from her eye. She wiped her tears away and said "No, I can no longer cry on something that is meant to be forgotten." As she said that to herself, she then continued her walk without glancing at the park for the last time.

Moments later Lucy reached the guild and opened the door really wide as she shouted, "OHAYOU MINNA!"

Everyone then approached her as they missed the blonde for weeks. Levy hugged the mage as she cried from happiness, "Lu-chan! I really missed you! I thought you won't show up anymore to us!"

Lucy just giggled to her friend then tapped her head "Impossible, I really missed you guys! I actually want to say sorry to you guys... I made you guys worry about me so much."

"It's normal for us, your friends, to worry for you. After all you are experiencing personal problems on your own." Macao said as he puts his arm around Wakaba. Everyone agreed to Macao as he raised a glass of alcohol.

Master Makarov suddenly came to approach the celestial mage, "Lucy, I hope you are feeling better now... What are your plans now with Natsu?"

"Master... I have thought about that already... And I plan to go on a long mission to forget for now about Natsu." Lucy then gave a grin to show the master she was fine

"Alright then... Take a long mission if you want too but I suggest come with a friend. Remember two is better than one."

"Hai!" Lucy then gave a quick hug to the master before she ran towards the request board.

Juvia and Cana then came to approach the celestial mage and offered a companionship during the mission. Lucy accepted the offer with no doubt and decided on what mission to do.

As the three tried to look for a good mission, a flyer suddenly caught the blue haired wizard's attention, so Juvia read the flyer:

Protect and bring a valuable sculpture to Magnolia museum within 2 months. Sculpture is from Kayrion kingdom.

Reward: 3,000,000 jewels

Requirement: 3 female mage

"Alright that fits us three!" Cana shouted as she put her arms around Lucy and Juvia.

"Well then we should leave tonight...Kayrion is another country and two months is long enough to finish the job." Lucy said to the two mage

"Alright! I better get my stuff ready then!" Cana then stood straight in between the two mage

"Me too! But Cana you better tell Laxus first before he wonders where you would go." Juvia teased the young brunette making the girl blush. But then she just shrugged it off and went on and waved ahead of them "yeah...yeah...a long explanation I shall do... See you later guys!"

Juvia and Lucy then giggled to each other. Both of them agreed to see each other in the guild along with their things.

As Lucy reaches her apartment, she took the things that she would need. And before she left the apartment she said to herself, starting tonight I would be a new Lucy.

To be continued...