My Fishy Boyfriend 5

"Clae," Melodi said, serious. "What do you know about my mother?"

Clae looked around briskly and nodded.

"Yeah it's about time I started telling you something," he smiled wimpish.

"Well let me tell you a little story. There once was a baby, a beautiful baby girl. And she lived in a giant city, a shimmering golden city."

Melodi interuped, "Clae what does this have to do with-"

"Just listen." he said harshly. Melodi couldn't read his face, but she furowed her eyebrows together almost as if that would help her.

Clae continued, "And this baby was a princess and a daughter to a queen."

"Clae," Melodi raised her voice, "Stop sugarcoating it, I'm not a child. Just tell me." She pleaded, gaining looks from the senior and adults in the diner.

"Fine," Clae stated, "Your a mermaid."

"Your the beautiful little baby girl." He said dry and mocking.

"What?" Melodi thought she had heard him wrong.

Melodi jumped to conclusions, "But I can't be, I don't change or sprout a tail from nothing."

"Yeah," he stretched the 'e' sound, "Thats what I'm still trying to figure that out."

The blond curly haired girl starred selflessly at Clae, and realised the one reason why he came, he was doing his doing his job to queen, her mother.

Melodi's heart swimmed with emotions. "Okay," finally finding her voice and the words to speak, "What now?"

"Well we can't go back until your a mermaid. You wouldn't be able to breathe."

"So we wait?" Melodi wrinkled her nose at the idea. She wanted to see her mother, she knew she had something unfinished with her. But instead of thinking futher about it, Melodi though of Grover, "Wait what about my... friend?"

Clae looked at Melodi and smirked, "Oh your boy," he paused, "Friend. That scrawny guy."

"He's not my boyfriend, and he's not scrawny. Grover is a little taller than me." Melodi realized that Grover was only around 5'9 and Clae was almost 6 foot.

"Mhm."

"Whay does it matter?" Melodi retorted.

"Well he's about to walk in the diner." He pointed towards the entrance.

"What?" Melodi whisked around just as Grover 'chinged' in the doorway signaling his arrival.

She groaned and put her head in her arms while they rested on the table. Melodi felt mix of terrible emotions, nervousness, confusion, and a little sprinkle of what she interpreted to be butterflies. Maybe they were moths, she couldn't really tell.

"Melodi!" Grover made a B-line for the table and the two sitting in the booths.

"Uhh hey," Melodi responded a bit unkindly. She lifted her head to see a panicked Grover standing over, steeling glances a very bored looking Clae.

"Where have you been? I thought I was going to see you again after we... talked." Melodi heard Grover catch his breath when he noticed Clae slouch and watch the show. Melodi noted that she would have to punch Clae later.

"Oh, right. Sorry I was caught up with something."

Grover nodded slowly, not really believing that this something wasn't Clae. A part of her really wanted Grover to know, but another part, (maybe, the mermaid side) didn't want him to know that she had spent the last 12 hours with Clae. Melodi couldn't differentiate the two, so she shrugged at Grover anyway.