My Fishy Boyfriend 9

Pierce's P.O.V

I swam in circles. What is wrong with me?

I flicked my tail back and forth earning bright shimmers that collided with the water around me. I tried to busy my mind so I wouldn't think of her, Melodi.

I shook my head at my own thoughts, well that was not a good way to get her to trust me. My actions took a tole on me especially trying to persuade Clara to meet her. I had heard of Melodi from the other Merpeople in my kingdom. They gossiped about the Queen's returning daughter.

So I ended up befriending Clara who hadn't known me a few days before. She immediately took a liking to me, I mean after all, I am hot. I part of me felt guilty for using her. But it had to be done. After all, I will make Melodi my wife and the ruler of my kingdom.

I felt a sense of pride of having a half human mermaid bride. She was beautiful when she starred at me with wide angry pink eyes. But when I got closer, her eyes also held a spark of blue signalling her human side. It still struck me as odd that she was in her human form. Knowing this only interested me more.

We would make a very powerful couple, especially after seeing what she could do with time. The only thing that I had yet to accomplish was the fact that our encounters did not end well.

I smirked when I brought my fingers to my lips, as I remembered giving her air.

Protectiveness surged through me as I thought of Clae and his job to take Melodi back to her mother. After all his father does work for the queen, I only knew all of this because of the half-mer witch that works for me and my father.

I need to find her and take her to where she really belongs, with me. And this time, I won't fail.

Clae's P.O.V

As soon as I shed my legs, I sped off on a hunt for Pierce.

I knew what he could do and I much as I tried to push it to the back of my brain, it still crept forward. He would easily be able to overpower his ability with mine.

I could never knock him out even if I used all of my energy. But I could keep him out of my mind. I did have some sort of an advantage, I am able to mold the water around him. I grinned evilly to myself. I had a feeling he knew I was here with Melodi.

I sent out a ripple of water with my hands to locate Pierce. It was like my own personal sonar to pick up on anything other than fish and rocks. I closed my eyes as the waves swayed me. I felt the ripples bounce back.

I knew exactly where he was, and I was determined to find him.

I swam in the direction of the ripples and came to a clearing. The reef ended abruptly and left a cold dark drop off. I swam out into the cold waters and shivered instantly. I starred straight ahead, and observed how the ocean continued on. I turned and looked back to the colorful reef, and compared them.

I sighed aloud thinking of Melodi and the fact that she had the horrible pleasure of meeting Pierce. He might be "easy on the eyes" as some girls from my kingdom whenever he is brought up in a conversation. But I know for a fact that he is probably one that doesn't like sticky relationships. I guess the mermaids at my kingdom just like him because hes untouchable, just like any prince.

I clenched my teeth, not that I was anything special. I was "commoner" to the queen and the royalty in my kingdom. And Melodi would soon know the truth. A burly voice slaughtered my thoughts.

"Looking for me?" he laughed cynically behind me.

I slowly turned and watched him as he only floated a few feet away. I narrowed my eyes and he smirked, crossing his arms.

"What?" he asked innocently, "You look like a lost puppy."

Instantly my head was pounding, I curled up into a fettle position with my hands circling my head. My vision was spotted as an unbelievable amount of pain crushed my skull. Pierce was trying to penetrate my mind.

"Lets see what dirty little secrets your hiding."

"No!" I shouted back at him, opening my eyes just enough to peek at him.

"Melodi wasn't hard at all. Picking through  her brain was easy as taking candy from a baby-"

I interrupted him wholeheartedly, "How cliche of you." I tried to drip sarcasm from every word but it only came out as a hushed whisper.

He continued on as if I hadn't said a word, "But of course she didn't fight back." He smiled devilishly at me and winked.

I grunted at the way he spoke about Melodi. Sure she was naive about our world but she is stronger that she appears, I have no doubt she can hold her own.

"What did you do to her?" I demanded.

His hooded expression surprised me but he glazed it over with a cool face. "Nothing that concerns you."

"Everything that has to do with Melodi concerns me." I growled.

He cackled at my response and I glared at him as he spoke, "You like her."

It sounded like a question but I didn't respond. "Why is she sick, Pierce?"

He shrugged, "Tomorrow is a full moon."

Oh God. It is. A full moon is like a red bull for merpeople. All our powers are heightened. Melodi's powers and her form are going to be so out of whack. She'll be a mermaid be the end of tomorrow night.

"Crap." I muttered.

Pierce laughed, "And when it happens, I'll be there."

"What do you want with her?" I demanded.

"The same thing you do," he answered as if he was talking to a child.

Pierce starred at my confused expression, "C'mon I didn't know you were that thick."

"What are you talking about?"

"You love her!" he shouted.

"You don't know anything!" I fumed.

"Oh really I don't? Next time your around me, remember, I can read you thoughts."He smirked and turned his back to me and started swimming away.

I let out a groan and he stopped to turn to me.

"Look, I like her, too. I just spent a whole day with her. Its crazy I know." He gave me a wierd expression.

I laughed "Ha, crazy doesn't even begin to describe you, buddy."

"Your probably not going to like me saying this but I want to take he back to my kingdom." And with that he swam away.