My Fishy Boyfriend 1

*Eleven Years Later*

Melodi studied her work by titling her head side to side. She beautifully painted a sunset with the ocean under the enormous golden sun.

"Melodi!" her father roared, "Come here!"

She sighed exasperated with both her father and her painting. Why me?! Melodi thought quietly to herself. She padded down the hall, every step she heard a creak or a moan come from their old dusty house. Melodi entered the plain living room, she had always thought their the living room needed color. Now more than ever because she couldn't imagine starring at eggshell white the whole time her father lectured her.

He was sitting on couch watching T.V. she rolled her eyes and walked up behind him slowly. "Yes?"

"Clean the pool. I might swim in it later," he grunted. Meldoi scoffed, yes your highness she thought to herself. She made a face at him and turned to go out into the back door.

Meldoi grabbed the long pole with the net at one end and walked over to the pool. She always kept the pool clean but she didn't mind as much. Melodi loved water and sat on the edge, with her feet in water, skimming the top of the shimmering blue that resided in her small backyard. There was two medium size trees in her backyard and a forest behind the tall wood fence that rounded the edge of their property.

Meldoi focused back down to the pool realising that she let her mind drift. She smiled at herself and burst into a song that she had heard last. Meloldi had always had a knack for singing and music in general. When she was ten, her father put her in piano lessons and by then end of lesson one, she had perfected Fur Elise. And her father decided that she was, in his own words, "too good for her own good" and he immediately ripped her out of piano lessons.

She had captured the last leaf that roamed her pool and returned the pole to its perch. Melodi wandered back inside, closing the screen door behind her. She looked to her right searching for the kitchen clock and sighed when it said 5:30. The day was almost up Melodi thought to herself.

She raced down the hallway and into her bedroom after hearing an all to familiar ring tone. She picked up the buzzing phone that lay on her night side table and sat on her bed. She instinctively smoothed out her purple and light blue bedspread, finding any loose threads and immediately picking at them.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hey babe," Grover joked.

Melodi rolled her eyes, "Whats up?"

"Meet me at Coltson Beach soon."

"Wait, why?" she asked confused.

"Cause we seriously need to get together." he smirked on the other end of the phone.

"Fine, I'll see you soon. That is if my dad lets me.." She murmured the last bit.

Grover chuckled, "I hear ya."

"Alright see you there."

Melodi pressed the off button on her phone. She smiled, thinking of Grover. She had known him since 6th grade, making him her first guy friend. Melodi was, at first, infatuated with him because for one he was a grade ahead of her. She soon dismissed the thought after she saw what a nutball he was.

She jumped off her bed and skipped to her bedroom door. Melodi peeked around the edge and down the hall at her father. She sighed quietly 'well this is going to hard.'

Grover snapped the phone shut after he heard Melodi hang up. Grover rested his arms on the wooden board walk that lined the ocean. The beach was just a staircase away, they had always met here to go to the beach. He looked up to the descending sun on the ocean. Grover had always had a crush on Melodi since the first time he laid eyes on her. But today he wanted to be more than that, he wanted to tell her how he felt and Grover hoped she felt the same.

He set his long board down and skated over to the staircase, flipping it up when he reached its sloping steps. Grover trotted down and took off his shoes when he hit the warm sand. He wasn't as big of a swimmer as Melodi but he didn't hate it completely. Grover looked around for a good spot to sit, he noticed that there wasn't as many people as he'd originally thought, but decided to sit on a huge rock that was jammed amongst others. The water splashed the rocks, showering Grover but he didn't care, it was a hot day. The water pulled in and out making lathers of bubbles and foam. Grover's mind wandered to Melodi, he was slightly worried about her reaction of confessing his love but he quickly pushed it out of his mind, remembering to assume positively.

Melodi secretively climbed out the window, already having asked her father but knowing his answer was no. Still she wanted to go what was the harm in that? She'll be back before he even knows shes gone. Melodi jogged away from her house and towards the setting sun. She slowed to a walk when the board walk came into view. Melodi was pulled from her thoughts when she got asked an innocent question from a stranger that she didn't happen to notice.

"Excuse me miss, What's the time?" A handsome stranger stood to her left. His hair was ruffled on top of his head. It was a light brown that was a dark color from probably swimming. She noticed everything about him, this stranger had an almost perfect chiseled body with swimming trunks hanging surprisingly low. Melodi looked up to see an already starring pair of the most amazing blue/teal eyes she had ever seen, she looked closely to notice an almost inhuman feature towards the center of his eyes, a bright yellow.

"The time?" he repeated.

"Oh right, sorry," she muttered embarrassed. Melodi searched her pocket for her phone and pulled it out of her back pocket. "6:45"

"Thank you," he smiled and Melodi smiled back. This stranger had the straightest teeth, she licked her own remembering the time of her braces.

"I'm Melodi, by the way."

"Nice to meet you, My name is..." he was interrupted by Grover calling Melodi's name as he ascended up the stairs. She turned and smiled at Grover. He ran over and gave Melodi a hug, picking her up in the process, and earning a giggle from her.

"Rov!" He set her down and eyed the stranger who stood there awkwardly.

"This is..." She stopped remembering that he hadn't yet said his name.

"My name is Clae," he continued. He looked at Melodi for a reaction but nothing came, she didn't remember.

"Nice to meet you I'm Grover," He stuck his hand out for Clae to shake and he took it politely.

"Well, I must get going," Clae told us, Melodi nodded and smiled. "I was glad to have met you, Melodi."

"Yeah you too." she looked at him through thick eyelashes. Did he know something she didn't? And with that he turned and walked away.

Grover starred at Clae then back to Melodi, what was she thinking?

"Mel?"

"Huh? Yeah?" she looked distracted.

"Follow me," He grinned devilishly.