My Fishy Boyfriend 2

After Melodi was dragged down the stairs toward the beach with Grover leading the way. They slowed to a walk. Thankful she smiled up at him and walked out a little ways in the ocean. The cool water hit her ankles as she swung her flip flops in her hands. Melodi took a sideways glance at Grover, he was kicking up sand as he walked. She decided to break the silence.

"So you got me out here, what now?" Melodi joked.

Grover smiled slightly, but thought about how he should start it out. He sighed aloud and stopped slowly. He looked up to see Melodi walk a little ways, stop and turn towards him.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," he muttered "I just need to talk to you about something."

"Okay, shoot."

"How do I start? Well I have known you for about 6 years and I feel something more than what we are now. I want something more."

Melodi starred at him understanding that he was admitting, something that he had been wanting to say for a while. She shifted awkwardly, Melodi didn't know what to say or what to do. She stood there asking herself, did she feel the same? Melodi had felt that for Grover at one point in her life but not as much as she used to.

"I-I don't know if that's best at the moment." She felt guilty because that's all she gave him for an answer.

"What?" he asked shock in his voice and written all over his face.

"I just doesn't feel right." Melodi said but instantly regretted it.

"I understand." Grover nodded and shifted his long board to his other arm.

"No! That's not what I meant!" Melodi raised her voice then glanced around embarrassed. People kept on with their business nonchalantly. She walked closer to him and dropped her flip flops on the ground.

"Then what?" Grover asked confused.

Before Melodi could stop herself or even really understand what she was doing, she crashed her lips against Grover's. Melodi always wanted to know what his lips tasted like. She tasted his cinnamon gum. It lasted just a moment but Grover had a smile plated on his face as they broke away.

"Gover," Melodi started "I like you, I'm just not ready for what comes next." She looked down blushing slightly. Grover smiled and gently grabbed her chin making her eyes flutter up at his.

"I like you too." He smiled and kissed Melodi deeply cherishing every second he was given. She pulled away realising the sun setting and it was getting dark.

"Oh shoot! I didn't tell my father that I was coming here so I snuck out." Melodi whispered the last of her sentence.

Grover mimicked her voice "Oh really? Your so bad."

She smiled and winked "You know it."

An annoying ring interrupted their conversation, Grover reached into his back pocket and answered after furrowing his eyebrows.

"Hello?" his voice was ruff and tense, "Why? Okay, okay fine. Yeah bye."

Melodi had a questionable look on her face as Grover put his phone back into his pocket.

"My sister." he said simply.

"Oh, whats wrong?"

"Nothing, she's back for the while and wants to have dinner. So she wants me to be there. And supposedly she brought friends."

"Its okay you can go. I wanna spend more time out here anyway." Melodi shrugged hoping he wouldn't worry.

Grover looked over at Melodi and smiled, "I'll call you tomorrow?"