11

"It has started huh..." 

The thunderous sounds of footsteps from combat boots could be heard from the great hall where the masked lady was sitting on her throne chair.

It was placed in the middle of a long table with other chairs right beside it. As she sat there like a queen.  

The great hall was a rectangular-shaped room with a high ceiling and glass windows.

At that moment, the masked Lady of the throne had her chin propped on the back of her clenched right hand, her elbow resting on the armrest, and her eyes closed while listening to the incoming footsteps. 

Even as the door opened, she paid no mind and focused on the flowing energy around her. 

A figure appeared from the shadow. "Mistress..." no response came from the woman, only the silence screaming at his ears. 

The man in front of the masked lady had white and black heterochromatic eyes. A pale complexion with a small horizontal-lined scar on his snow. And his lips textured as if he hadn't drunk anything. 

He kneeled beside her throne, embracing her knees and resting his face on her thighs, keeping his head low, as if he was worshipping her. 

"Dark."

She spoke, finally opening her eyes. 

The woman's heterochromatic azure and white eyes welcomed him. As he sighed in relief at how her soft and gentle hands brushed his white hair, gently lulling him to the abyss. 

She was a mystery. An undiscovered rarity, the depths of the abyss that could send him to oblivion.

She called herself, Scythe. The weapon of a grim reaper, the collector of souls.

"It's all happening according to your plan. So, what's the next move?"

Reaching out to the piece, and pushing down the knight caused the rest to be pushed down as well, creating a domino effect. "In chess, one mistake can fuck up everything." A small cause can result in a big effect, one they call, the butterfly effect.