1.1

1.1
Violence

Everything was loud. Too loud.

She heard everything, swore she even heard gunshots. But her mind wasn't clear to judge.

Thena Grimes wasn't an addict. She never did drugs, never smoked, tried alcohol a few times (more than she had wanted) and absolutely hated it. She wasn't like Nick in her life before the end, and she liked it that way. Even when it came to her prescribed medication, she was reluctant in taking them at first.

She was afraid of losing herself, her sparkle, her personality, not realizing that she had already lost herself not long after her father's incident.

The Alprazolam calmed her down, slowed her breathing, made her feel light-headed. She hated it, but her hands weren't itching anymore, her leg wasn't bouncing with anxiety, and her blood wasn't boiling with anger. That, however, she loved more than she hated the light-headness.

"I hate Xanax," she mumbled as she heard the door open, her eyes almost closing.

She was lying on the sofa, her feet up on the arm of the furniture piece. She was still covered in dirt and blood, but her appearance was forgotten ever since she administered her medicine.

Troy slowly walked to the desk and sat on it just like before. In his hands was another cup, of coffee this time, and a first aid kit. He looked at her with a frown, his blue eyes gazing at her lost expression. "Then why take it?" he slowly asked.

The girl shrugged, but she did know why she took it. It took her mind off things. It calmed the monster inside her. It locked away her craziness.

"I brought you some things to patch you up," said Troy, waving the medical kit in the air. However, the woman didn't look at him. "Where are they?" she asked, "Alicia? Madison? Travis? Where are they?" She got to her feet quickly, her eyes wide as if she realized they existed only then. Her eyes were frantic, her pupils dilated from the medicine. But at the thought of her friends, the persons that were with her since the beginning, she sobered up.

"I can take you to them," stated Troy warily, meeting her eyes.

Her movements stopped, "now?"

"Yes, now."

Thena thought for a moment.

"I could kill you with my bare hands."

The words took Troy by surprise. She wasn't short or fragile, and he saw it by the way she stood. But her lack of trust came out of nowhere in Troy's mind, yet he understood it. Though, he was quite positive that he could take her in a fight, considering she was high on painkillers. "My men won't do anything," he said, "I won't do anything."

"I find that quite hard to believe... Troy."

There was a change in her voice. A change so subtle that the militia man almost missed it. He hated her tone, and his expression darkened slightly at it, though he was good at hiding it. But Thena was good at reading people. She saw though him, at least a little. She saw his look, too calm to be normal, his posture, definitely not military but ready to kill.