1.25

[1.25]

That day, as the sun left it's midday position, Thena was walking peacefully away from El Matadero. She didn't expect, on her peaceful walk, a newfound old walkman and it's headphones on her ears, to bump forcefully into Troy.

Her eyes widened when she turned the corner and his body smashed into hers, almost falling down if it wasn't for his arms wrapping around her. With wide eyes, she regained her balance and pushed her headphones away from her ears, the music dying down. She was ready to curse him, maybe slap his shoulder to show her annoyance, but when she saw the look in his wide eyes, she couldn't help but frown, forgetting about their proximity.

"What's wrong?" she whispered, not wanting anyone from around them to hear.

"We have a problem," he replied, "can you get us a car?"

~

Troy explained their problem as Thena drove frantically to the dam. With each of his words, her anxiety grew, making her take the turns sharper, her foot pressing harder on the acceleration paddle. Once they got to the dam, they were lucky enough to find Daniel, and the man let the three of them in, but not before giving them all a hard glare, especially Troy.

"Troy found the staging area," said Nick as they all gathered in a room.

The man nodded, "yeah, they have weapons, boats, like uh... barcos?"

The unknown woman frowned and repeated the words with shock lacing her voice.

"Si," started Troy again in Spanish, making Thena frown as she looked at him impressed, "hablo español un poco."

"Since when?" whispered Thena from her spot next to the man, making him rolled his eyes and push his elbow in the side of her stomach.

"Those Proctors were in business with narcos before the infection," said the other unknown person to Thena, "they have no regards for human life."

"They'll turn the water off. Starve the people and demand tribute." Her next words were a Spanish, making Thena turn to Troy, she elbowed him in the stomach and rose her eyebrows in question when he glared at her.

"I said I know a little," he whispered, "I'm not a dictionary. My vocabulary is limited."

"I wish you had the weapons you promised," said Daniel, glancing at the small interaction between Thena and Troy.

"We may not need them if we can withstand a siege," replied Victor.

"There are three entryways," started Daniel, pondering on his every word, "the gate, the lower gate and the bridge. We can post guards and weapons there."