2.10

[2.10]

Author's note :

The next few chapters will be fillers and will contain quite long time jumps because I have to quickly get from september to march so more interesting stuff can happen, but at least we have cute moments between Thena and Troy :)

I also updated the playlist with some of my favorite songs for anyone interested <3

~

"You asked me if I hated you, back in Mexico."

At the words, Troy froze, eyes glancing up at her. They were by the window, both sitting on the windowsill. A week had passed since they got to the cabin, and they were staring to unconsciously follow a routine. Anita would always go to sleep early, leaving both Troy and Thena alone. They sat every night by the window, Thena smoking and watching the sky while Troy wrote in his new journal.

They usually didn't talk, or at least they hadn't really talked much since the first night in the cabin. There was a certain feeling of comfort that settled between them, but still there were things that were left unsaid, and with each passing moment together they both had the urge to speak up about it.

"I told you I didn't."

Troy didn't take his eyes away from Thena. His look somewhat hardened, awaiting the worst. He was imagining her telling him how much she had lied that day. He saw her repeating the word to him, I hate you, over and over again. He wasn't writing anymore as he awaited Thena's next words, not trusting his shaking hand.

On the other hand, Thena almost didn't move. Her cigarette was slowly burning up, but she didn't make any move to either bring it to her lips or discard the ashes that gathered up at the other end of it. Her face was the only thing that did move. The twitch in her muscles was so faint that it could barely be seen. Her frown deepened, relaxed, and then deepened again, bringing her eyebrows closer to one another. Her eyes darted from one star to another on the sky. The muscles in her cheeks twitched, as if her mind urged her to speak but her body refused. She didn't know how to word her worries, she didn't know how to phrase her question, so she just let the first words that came to mind out.

"You confuse me."

It hadn't been the first time that particular thought found itself to be the cause of her worries. Troy had done bad things. It was in his nature. But she had done something evil. She felt like she deserved to be hated by him, but nothing in him showed her what she begged to see. His father might have been a bad person, but he was still his father.