2.9

[2.9]

Author's note :

When she cannot breathe properly without him (but god forbid she admits it) >>>>

I would like to remind everyone that everything written in italic and without quotation marks are the character's thoughts :))

If anyone is interested, I have been listening to Bury me deep inside (your heart) by HIM on repeat while writing the second half of this chapter. It's a very beautiful — and haunting — rock love song that I believe might just portray what's going on inside Troy and Thena's (mostly Troy's) minds. The meaning is absolutely beautiful and I absolutely love HIM's songs (I love rock in general but the love songs of this band are just too beautiful for me to handle).

I would also like to announce that while I am very much continuing this story, I might also try to edit a little the parts that I've already published. Just to either correct grammatical mistakes or to add a little more details. It will not make any difference to the flow of the story, I just want to embellish the description a little better. But again, both the editing and the new parts might take some time because my exam session is approaching quickly :)

Anyway, enjoy <3

~

"I have never been this lucky in my entire god damn life."

Of course, Troy wouldn't call seeing the dead body of the Ranger luck, but everything else matched his description exceptionally. The Ranger's cabin was small, but as small as it was, it revealed itself as a gold mine. There was a fully functional truck right in front of the main door. The cabin itself was filled with firearms and ammunition, but also with food, drinks, and many other goods that would usually be impossible to find in a world such as the one they lived in.

The ranger was a middle aged woman who clearly hadn't reached the menopause because to her utter joy, Thena found an enormous stash of feminine hygiene products. The woman also had quite a drinking and smoking problem by the amounts of cigarette packs and beer bottles they found. By the looks of her body, she must have had enough and put a bullet through her temple. Her revolver was fallen next to her, and dried blood stained the side of her head.

The three didn't stay much at the ranger's cabin. They loaded everything they could in the truck, found the woman's set of keys and a map, and then they were gone, as if they had never even been there. It was the first time Troy sat behind the wheel since the dam, and his driving was unusually careful as he wanted to give his bad eye enough time to adjust to the surroundings. Thena gave him the directions.

When they finally arrived to the cabin, Troy turned the engine off and threw the keys in Thena's lap. "I think its time I quit driving, you're better at it," he joked, making a small smile appear on the woman's face.

Thena turned to Anita and smiled at her, "you stay here until we come get you, ok?"

The girl nodded. The small gesture gave Troy the green light to open his door and step out of the car, Thena mimicking his gestures. She walked to him, watching as he slowly approached the front door of the cabin.