1.16

[1.16]

That night, they had a gathering. They had drinks and food after Jake's preppy speech, all together, Walker's people and the people from the ranch.

What infuriated Thena to the bone, was Troy. She listened closely to his words, letting every one sink in her brain. She would bring the cigarette she had in her hand to her mouth every time she heard something that angered her, and by the time his small speech ended, the cigarette was gone.

With a scoff, she walked away, feeling eyes following her every move. She wanted to go back to the cabin, that was now all hers as the other moved in the main building of the ranch. Thena didn't want anything to do with that bloody house, and she stayed as far away as she could, enjoying the lonesome nights in the cabin. But before she could get away, she heard footsteps and felt a presence behind her.

"What's your problem?"

The woman froze, her eyes widening slightly at the question. She turned around, put her hands in her pockets and stared blankly at Troy. "I'm sorry?"

"What's your problem?" repeated the man, "One night you almost shoot me, then we're fine until you're cold again, and then we're fine again before you act like I don't exist. So, I find it quite normal that I'm asking what the hell is your problem."

"You wanna know what's my problem?" asked Thena, getting closer to him, too close. "My problem, is you."

"What the fuck does that mean?"

"You don't think I heard you?" she asked, pointing to the table where he sat just a couple of minutes again, "You don't think I heard your little glorifying speech to those people there? About how Taqa's men killed Phil, the Trimbols, how they'll end us all..."

She was so close to him that she could feel his breath on her nose. Even in her 5'8 figure, she had to look up to meet his blue eyes.

"Go ask Gretchen about my problem... or maybe Mike will know better..."

She felt his body tense, his eyes darken, his senses come to a stop, all the moment she uttered that one name. But before he could do anything, grab her, hit her, anything at all, she chuckled and left, shaking her head.

"You know, I don't believe him."

At the words, her body froze, but she didn't bother turn back to look at him. Still, the fact that she stopped showed Troy that his words interested her.

"Nick said you were slipping, but I don't believe him," he said, his head shaking and dry chuckles escaping his throat, "he makes it seem that what you're becoming is not intentional. But that's not true, is it? You are thriving, are you? I bet you love it."

With those words, she heard him walk away.

~

As peace started to settle between the two sides, someone had to listen to Troy's words. One minute, Thena was sitting next to Nick, enjoying her breakfast, smiling softly at Ava who made conversation with her, and the next, her arms were wrapped around Crazy Dog's throat as she tried to pry him off Terrance, the poor boy who was victim of Troy's venomous words.