Chapter 12: Return to Isla de Muerta

It was ridiculously hard to steer the ship. Not because the ship was hard to steer, but because of Norrington's stupid men. They were constantly staring over Jack and I's shoulders like they didn't trust us. I don't understand what these people have against compasses that don't point north. We aren't trying to get to north anyway. Besides, who has been to Isla de Muerta and who hasn't? That's right. Fools.

When we finally reach the gloomy island, Jack and I cheerfully step into the longboat and sit ourselves down near Norrington. He does not look pleased. Too bad I don't care.

"I don't care for the situation," he says. "Any attempt to storm the cave could turn into an ambush." We start rowing toward the cave.

"Not if you are the ones doing the ambushing," I point out. Do any of these Naval goons think?

"Exactly, love," Jack says, turning to Norrington. "Eve and I will go into the cave and convince Barbossa to send his men out into their little boats. You and your mates can return to the Dauntless and blast the bejesus out of them with your cannons. What do you have to lose?"

"Nothing I'd lament being rid of," he replies.

"Now to be quite honest with you," I add. "There is a slight risk of those being aboard the Dauntless and that includes the future Mrs. Commodore." With that I knew I won. Winning is not hard when your opponent is a general moron.

Jack and I went into the cave, while Norrington and his crew returned to the Dauntless.

"We are actually a pair of geniuses," I say. Jack agrees.

I could smell Barbossa and his pack of idiots long before I could see them. They were all just standing around. Perfect.

"Beg your pardon," I say to an idiot who wouldn't move out of my way.

"Excuse me," Jack says to another. We make our way through the crowd until we are near the front.

"Begun by blood," Barbossa starts in an obnoxiously over dramatic fashion.

"Excuse us," Jack says a little louder, however Barbossa doesn't seem to notice. Instead, he continued his speech.

"By blood un-"

"Jack! Eve!" Will shouts. At least he noticed.

"It's not possible," Barbossa says, looking at us.

"Not probable," Jack corrects him.

Will's eyes widen. "Where's Elizabeth?!" he asks. I can't believe thats the only thing he is thinking about. He's literally thirty seconds away from death.

"She's safe, just like I promised," Jack assures him. "She's all set to marry Norrington just like she promised. And you get to die for her just like you promised. Now see we're all men of our word, except for Elizabeth who is in fact a woman."

"Shut up!" Barbossa snaps, as if he's trying to remind us that he's there. "You two are next!"

Hahaha no we aren't.

He moves his dagger toward Will. "You don't want to be doing that, mate," I say. Barbossa has always intimidated me, especially with our history. I've built enough courage to stand up to him finally.

Barbossa looks a little surprised that I'm doing the talking instead of Jack. "No I really think I do."

No, I really think you don't. "Your funeral," I say, shrugging.

Barbossa hesitates, taking the blade away from Will's throat. "Why don't I want to be doing it?"

"Because the HMS Dauntless, pride of the Royal Navy, is floating just offshore; waiting for you," I say. A wave of uneasiness flows through the pack of idiots. I like seeing the worry on Barbossa's face.

"Just hear us out, mate," Jack says, cutting off whatever Barbossa's response was going to be. "You order your men to row over to the Dauntless and they do what they do best. Bob's your uncle, Fannie's your aunt; there you are with two ships, the makings of your very own fleet. 'Course, you'll take the grandest as your flagship and who's to argue but what of the Pearl? Name me and Eve your Captains and we'll sail under your colours, We'll give you ten percent of our plunder and you get to introduce yourself as 'Commodore Barbossa'. Savvy?"

"I suppose in exchange you want me to not kill the whelp?" Barbossa asks, sighing.

"No by all means kill the whelp," I say. I pick up five coins and toss all back except for two which I carefully slide into my sleeve. I glance at Will who nods to me. He had seen. Perfect.

You two have been planning this from the beginning! Ever since you learned my name!" Will accuses. It wasn't that bad of an acting performance.

"Yeah," I nod.

"I want fifty percent of your plunder," Barbossa says, changing the subject back to business.

In your dreams, Barbossa.

"Fifteen," Jack corrects him.

"Forty," negotiates Barbossa.

"Twenty five," Jack says. I can see Barbossa considering it. "And I'll buy you a hat!" Jack adds. "A really big one...Commodore."

"We have an accord," Barbossa says, shaking hands with Jack. Jack turns around. "All hands to the boats!"

Barbossa glares at Jack and I. "Apologies. You give the orders," Jack says.

"Gents," Barbossa says. "Take a walk." Barbossa grins repulsively.

"Not to the boats?" Jack asks confusedly. No one answered his question which was rude of them. It didn't matter though. It was only a matter of time until Jack and I have the Pearl back.

A/N
Hey guys! It's been a while since I've done an author's note, so here I am. So let's start with news on this story. There's only one or two chapters left of this story which is pretty cool. It's come such a long way from when I started it in October. If anyone was wondering, yes there will be a sequel. I hope you liked this chapter and thank you so much for sticking with this story. It means a lot. (:
~Jane