Chapter 5: Outsmarting Some Gits

When I wake up, the cannon fire has stopped. There are no more screams and panic, instead everything is calm. The bright sunlight shines through the bars of the window. Careful not to wake Jack up, I stand up and take a look outside.

The island is a wreck. Bodies lay everywhere and there is debris of bulidings that once stood strong. Well, Port Royal had it coming. As much as I hate the crew of The Black Pearl, Port Royal deserved to be destroyed. It once was a pirate hideaway, but now it is a dreaded place of execution.

"Jack?" I ask. "Are you up?" I decide that I can't take the silence anymore. Silence means thoughts, thoughts mean memories and I am not in that mood.

He rolls over on the ground and groans. "Now I am."

I grin. "Sorry," I say.

He sits up. "Do you know how we're getting out of this one yet?"

"Not yet," I say. I honestly don't know how we're getting out of this one. I hate Norrington and his army of gits.

We hear footsteps and we lay back down. Prisioners don't have much rights according to these Port Royal freaks. And talking is no excetion.

"You!" a voice shouts. That's rude - we have names. "Sparrow!" the voice adds. Excuse me? I'm here too.

"Aye?" Jack says, sitting up. I look up. It's the boy from the blacksmith shop.

"You are familliar with the Black Pearl?" he asks, cutting right to the point.

"I've heard of it," Jack says.

"Where does it make berth?" he asks.

He really didn't know where it made berth, which I found amusing. What did they teach these goons on this island? I grew up here, but at least I know where the Black Pearl makes berth. I fill him in on Isla de Muerta.

"The ship is real, therefore it must set sail from a real place. Where is it?" he asks.

"And what makes you so certain that we know?" I ask.

"You're pirates!" he says, stupidly.

That's what everything comes down to: me being a pirate. Not that I'm unbelieveably smart or charming, but that I'm a pirate.

"And you want to turn profit by becoming a pirate yourself?" Jack asks.

"No! Never!" he says. I don't understand what people have against pirates. Not all of us are that bad. "They took Miss Swann."

"Ah so you did fnd a girl!" Jack says. "But you'll have to go alone. We see no profit in it for us."

"I can get you out of here," he offers. Man, this guy really wants our help. That's a first.

"How's that? The key ran off," I say.

"I helped build these cells. They're half pin barrel hinges," he explains.

And that explains absolutely nothing. "If I apply the right amount of pressure, the door will lift free." Thanks for the tip, I might use that someday.

"What's your name?" Jack asks.

"Will Turner," he says. Jack and I exchange a glance.

"I've changed me mind. If you spring us from this cell, I swear on pain of death I will take you to the Black Pearl and your bonnie lass," Jack says.

They shake hands and lift the door. After grabbing our effects, we are out of the prision. We head to the beach where we make a plan to commendeer The Interceptor.

"So, we're going to steal that ship?" Will asks.

"Commendeer, we're going to commendeer that ship," Jack says. Will looks confused.