Chapter 10: Marooned

"Barbossa, you lying bastard!" Will shouts out, making an angry face. He doesn't actually look intimidating in the slightest though. "You swore they would go free!"

"Don't impugn me honor, boy!" Barbossa shouts angrily. "I agreed they would go free, but you failed to specify when or where!"

"Although..." Barbossa looks at Elizabeth. "It does seem a shame to lose something so fine. So I'll be having my dress back."

Laughter erupts throughout the crew as Elizabeth takes off the dress, leaving her only in her undergarments. She threw the dress at Barbossa while the crew whistled. She looks even madder than Will. But that's expected, since she's basically about to jump to her death.

"It goes with your black heart," she snarls.

Barbossa chuckles. "Oh, it's still warm." Creepy...

Elizabeth starts inching her way towards the plank. She looks extremely scared. Even her angry face can't cover up the fear in her eyes.

"Too long!" one of Barbossa's crew members shouts as he puts down all of his body weight on the plank causing it to wobble. Elizabeth plops down into the sea.

I have to agree, she did take too long. Now it was my turn.

"I really had hoped we were past all of this," I say as I'm forced up onto the plank. Maybe I could use Barbossa's more reasonable side to my advantage. Oh wait...he doesn't have one.

"Eve," he breathes on me. His breath smells like hell. "Did ye not notice that this is the island we made you and Jack Governors of on our last little trip."

I try to inch away from Barbossa's foul self, only to find myself closer to the edge of the plank.

"I had noticed," I say, nodding.

He grins, revealing an array of yellow teeth. I cringe. "Perhaps you and Jack will be able to conjure up another miraculous escape, but I doubt it. Off you go," he says shoving me along.

"Wait!" Jack shouts.

Barbossa turns around. I don't know what Jack is doing, but I doubt we will be able to get out of this one. Elizabeth is already paddling her way to the island.

"Last time you gave us a pair of pistols; each with one shot," Jack says.

"By the powers, your right. Where be Jack and Eve's pistols? Bring them forth," Barbossa says. A crew member brings forth our pistols. Barbossa throws them into the clear blue sea below us.

Not wasting any time, I dive off the plank before the pistols can sink any further. I don't look back, but I can quickly hear a splash behind me. That's it then. We've been marooned.

Although the bright sun makes the blue Caribbean water sparkle, the water is still freezing. And that does nothing to calm my anger. Plus the swim to shore makes me tired and irritated.

As Barbossa sails away on my...I mean Jack and I's ship, I long for something for punch. Preferably Barbossa.

"That's the second time I've watched that man sail away on our ship," Jack says, looking at me.

I scowl. "I hate Barbossa."

"Well it's not like you two haven't done anything bad," Elizabeth says, looking at us.

Jack and I look at her. "Elizabeth, we're pirates," Jack points out.

"You were going to trade Will's life for a ship," she says angrily.

"We could use a ship!" I point out. Jack smiles in agreement, but Elizabeth just glares at me.

"This is your doing!" she snaps at me.

"Actually it isn't," Jack interjects. "We weren't going to tell Barbossa about Will because as long as he didn't know about bloody Will, we still had something to bargain with, but now we don't thanks to bloody, stupid Will!"

"Oh," Elizabeth says, sitting down on the sand.

"Oh," Jack mocks her high pitched voice.

"Oh, shut up!" Elizabeth says. Jack rolls his eyes and I sigh.

"I need a drink," I say, walking into the small forest.

"What do you expect?! A tavern and a whole town to just appear out of bloody nowhere?!!" Elizabeth shouts at me.

I smile. "Well that would be lovely."

"You two were marooned on this island before! We can escape the same way you did then!" she says, following me. Jack follows behind her.

"To what point and purpose, young Missy? The Black Pearl is gone and unless you or Eve has a rudder and a lot of sails hidden in those bodices..." he glances at us, "unlikely, then Mr Turner will be long dead before you reach him."

I roll my eyes. Turning away from Elizabeth and Jack, who have launched into an argument, I focus on more important matters - rum. I press my ear on a tree and knock. Brilliant.

Now just three steps over here.

One...

Two...

Three...

Perfect.

"But your Captian Jack Sparrow!" I hear Elizabeth shriek at Jack. I turn around to face her.

"Will you please just STOP TALKING?!" I shout. "Last time, we were here for a grand total of three days, alright." I open the trap door that I had been looking for. "Last time the rum-runners used this island as a cache and we were able to barter a passage off. From the looks of it, they've long been out of business." I toss Jack a bottle of rum.

Opening the bottle, Jack turns to Elizabeth. "You probably got bloody Norrington to thank for that."

"So that's it then? That's the story of the infamous Captains Jack Sparrow and Eve Freeman? You spent three days lying on the beach drinking rum!"

Jack hands her a bottle. "Welcome the the Caribbean."

She scowls and walks away.

I turn to Jack. He wraps his arm around me. "How are we escaping this time?" I ask.

He takes a gulp of rum. "I don't know, love. But we'll find a way."

"We always find a way," I say. I open my bottle of rum and take a long gulp. It's feels like it's been forever since I had a bottle of rum.

//time skip//

"Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me!" I sing. I twirl around on the sand. I fall down and continue singing.

"I love this song!" Jack announces, falling down next to me. "When I get the Pearl back, I'm going to teach it to the whole crew and we'll sing it all the time!"

What a great idea! Jack is so clever.

I giggle. "We'll be the most fearsome pirates in the Spanish Main."

"Not only the Spanish Main, love. The entire ocean," he tells me.

"The entire world!" I exclaim.

"Yes, love. Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what the Black Pearl is. It's not just a ship, it's freedom," he says.

"I love rum," I say holding up my bottle. Some liquid spilled out.

"Me too!" Jack says. "You can never have too much rum."

"To freedom," I toast, holding out my bottle.

"To the Black Pearl," he adds, before taking a massive gulp of rum. I do the same.

I am so tired. I look next to me. Jack is sleeping. What a good idea. A small sleep would be okay.

I climb over and lean on his shoulder. I'll just close my eyes for a little. Just a little bit. Just a little while...