Chapter 6: Tortuga

I love Tortuga.  It's a place free of judgement.  To get far in Tortuga, all you need is a sense of freedom.  Unlike Port Royal and the other snobbish ports, money and "class" will get you nowhere.  A git like Will is just as welcome as Jack and I at this island.

"Aye, it is indeed a sad life that has never breathed deep this sweet boquet that is Tortuga.  Savvy?"  Jack says.

"What do you think?" I ask Will, smiling.

"It'll linger," he answers.

"I'll tell you, if every town on Earth was like this, no man would ever feel unwanted,"  Jack says as I roll my eyes.

As if on cue, Scarlette, a resident prostitute, stalks up to us. 

"Scarlette!" Jack greets her.  I just roll my eyes.  I hate that woman with a passion. 

She says nothing.  All she does is slap Jack in the face.

"Not sure I deserved that," Jack mumbles.

"Really?"  I reply.  If anything, he probably does deserve that.  I don't know what happened, but frankly, I don't want to.

Another prostitute, Giselle, walks up to us.

"Who was she?" she asks Jack.

"What?"

Jack is slapped again.  "Probably deserved that one," he mumbles as she walks away.

I roll my eyes.  I'm not jealous in the slightest.  In the end, Jack is mine and they are just prostitutes.  Who knows?  They'll probably be here for the rest of their lives.

"Are we going to find Gibb next?" I ask Jack.

"Aye," he answers, leading us to a pig's sty.

"What is that awful stench?" Will asks, wrinkling his nose.

"Well Will, we happen to be in a barn filled with mud and pigs.  What do you think?" I answer.

"No, love that's just Gibbs," he tells me.

I laugh.  Picking up a pail of water, I splash it on Gibbs, who was passed out by the pigs.

"Curse ye for breathing ya slack jawed idiot!" he shouts before realizing who we are.

"Eve!  Jack!" he exclaims.  "You should know better than to awake a man while sleeping.  Tis bad luck."

"Aye, but fortunatly, we know how to counter the bad luck," Jack says.  He starts bargaining with Gibbs. 

While they are talking, I lean over to Will.  "He smells terrible," I say.

Will smiles.  "Aye," he says, picking up another pail.  I smirk and turn around.

When we are about to leave, Will splashes Gibbs with the pail of freezing cold water.

"Blast I'm already awake!" he shouts.

Will shrugs.  "That was for the smell."

Gibbs looks like he's about to yell some more, but just nods his head in agreement.

Jack works on convincing Gibbs.  He wants Gibbs to find him a worthy crew by tomorrow morning.  We're going after the Black Pearl.

"Well?" I ask him after he stands up.

"He'll have a crew by tomorrow morning," he says.

"Perfect," I smile.

He grins.  "We have all night to do whatever we want," he says.

I smirk and pick up my mug of rum.  "Drink up me hearties."

A/N:

The chapter is increadibly short; I'm sorry.

I'm going through writer's block.  I'm trying to work on an original story, but I'm not good at my own stuff.  I'm too attached to fictional characters.  Anyway, I'm on break for Thanksgiving, so expect more updates. :)

~Capt. Jane Sparrow