Mostly Ordinary Day

"Can someone pick me up from school today? I have a club meeting after school." I called out to my family as I was putting my shoes on. I'm 16 but I still don't have my driver's license. I'm in the middle of taking driver's ed right now. I just need to take my final driving test and I'm done but my mom wants me to get more practices in because, well, I'm not the best driver out there.

"I think I can," Taylor came, still in her pajamas. This week is her week off so she gets to sleep in. I'm so jealous.

"Great, thanks. I'll see you at 4:30!" I hugged Taylor and went out the door. I unfortunately have to take the bus in the mornings. I walked to my bus stop and started making conversation with my friends that also take the bus. After a few minutes though, the paparazzis started taking pictures of me. For some reason, they want pictures of me. I'm not even the famous one here. But their nosy ass wants everything they can get for money.

Thankfully, the bus came not too long after. I quickly got on and sat in my assigned seat. I thought the paps would get lost but they started following me to the school. Flashes were going off outside. I turn away and put my backpack up against the window.

"They need to leave you the fuck alone oh my fucking god," My friend said as she flipped them off through the back window.

"Seriously, do they not realize how weird it is to take pictures of a teenage girl going to school?" My other friend said.

"I just can't wait till paparazzis are banned from every place on this earth someday," I said. They're a huge pain in everyone's asses. They need to find a different job that doesn't involve invading someone's privacy.

Once we get to school, we all go our separate ways to our classes. My day is usually boring. I go to class, take class, pack up, go to my next class, repeat, eat lunch, go back to class, and go to my club if I have any that day. I wish my life was more interesting. This is one of the cons of not taking up the offers that I get all the time. When Selena was my age, she was on Wizards of Waverly place. Sure, it wasn't exactly the best thing being a Disney child actress but it was still way more interesting than being a normal junior at a high school.

taylor i'm bored you should come pick your lovely sister up from school and take her to get ice cream ;)

I texted Taylor while my teacher gave a lecture on some math concepts. She texted back a couple minutes after.

Skylar, studying is good

Her text read. Taylor valued education and she apparently had straight As when she was in high school. I sometimes wish Taylor was one of those rebellious high school kids so that she would be in on these things. But then again, without education, I would pretty much be nothing so I guess I need to stay.

ugh you suck

I text back and turned my phone off. I went back to taking notes of stuff that I won't even need in the future.

At 3:10, the last school bell rings, signaling the end of a very long school day. I quickly pack my things up and make my way over to where my club meets. Today, I'm going to culinary club. We're baking cheesecake today.

Once I got to the culinary room, I put my hair up in a ponytail and washed my hands. I then got the aprons and went to where my friends and I usually do the cooking/baking.

"Are you ready to make a mess and create inedible food again?" My friend and cooking partner, Marissa, came up behind me and asked.

"Oh yes of course. My goal today is to try and not burn down the school." I said.

"That's your goal every week," She pointed out. It's true. We're not exactly cooks. In fact, we suck at it and everything we make tastes awful. But you know what? It's about how fun it is and not about how edible it is.