The Met Gala

Today's the Met. I hate going to the Met. It's not as glamorous as it looks. It's so crowded, the dresses are uncomfortable, the stairs are annoyingly long, and there are so many cameras. I don't think my anxiety can handle it to be honest.

Right now, we're in our living room getting ready. Taylor's makeup artist and hairstylist are here. Apparently, they already had my dress chosen for me which I appreciate because I am so indecisive and probably would never have been able to choose. It's red and it's a custom made Christian Dior dress. I don't feel expensive enough to be wearing this. Taylor's wearing Christian Dior as well but her dress is white.

"Mom why do I have to wear red?" I complained while Taylor put on her dress.

"Because you look amazing in red. Why don't you want red?" She asked me.

"Because I'm gonna end up standing out more than Taylor. Just imagine what people are gonna say. 'Taylor Swift's sister wants to steal the spotlight' 'Taylor Swift's sister is jealous of her sister so she took the red dress' 'Taylor Swift's sister is an attention seeker'." I say and roll my eyes.

"Fuck them. They'll say whatever they can to try and bring you down because they're jealous of you. God I fucking hate that they mess with you so much. It's so frustrating." Taylor said.

"I guess every good thing comes with a price," I shrugged. "I just want to get this over with. I hate the Met. I don't understand why so many people at my school want to go. It's not even that cool." I made my way over to one of the chairs so that I could get my hair done. "The only part I enjoy is seeing friends and talking with them. Other than that, everything is a pain." I sat down. "Do I have to walk the carpet? Can't I just meet you in the back where the party is?"

"The entrance is the same for everyone so I'm afraid you're gonna have to walk the carpet. It's fine, I'll be right next to you the entire time and I'll make sure you don't fall or anything. You've done this before and you did so amazing, you got this." Taylor told me.

"Fine, but you owe me a Red Bull after this," I rolled my eyes and let the hairstylists do their thing. They always make my hair so pretty no matter how bad it is when I walk out of my room. I want their skill for school days.

After they were done working their magic on my hair, I went into a different room to put on my dress.

"It's so pretty." I said as I looked in the mirror. It was my favorite shade of red and was a one shoulder dress. The right side had a mesh puff sleeve. There was a slit on the left side and the edges of the dress had silk frills. The dress didn't show my cleavage and it wasn't that tight. Just the way I like it. I look pretty tall in it too which is great considering I'm only 5'2. I don't know what happened but I clearly didn't get the tall genes that everyone else seems to have in my family. With this dress, I'll be wearing a simple, black, open toe ankle strap heels. I'll also be wearing a simple, silver, De Beers necklace. Well, simple but with a lot of white gold. I googled this necklace and apparently, each diamond is 18K. The entirety of this necklace is just diamonds. And apparently, it's like 115,500 dollars which is like more than a lot. Wearing all these things make me nervous. This is why I don't like expensive things. What if an actual Ocean's 8 situation happens? Not good and I don't want to be involved.

Once I was done putting everything on and taking pictures as well as mirror selfies, I walked out to the living room where Taylor and mom were. Taylor had put her dress on as well. Hers was a pure white satin gown. Hers had sleeves like mine except it was white satin like the rest of her dress and she had it on both sides. It has a black chest bow and a ribbon on the lower back. Her hairstyle was similar to that of hers at the 2013 Grammys. Taylor's wearing earrings from Cartier. It's a rose gold diamond earring. And yes, I googled this one too. Hers is also 18K gold with diamonds that equal to 0.27 carats. Do I know the difference between karats and carats? Not really. But I do know that this thing is expensive and super valuable. It's 3,500 dollars. The fact that it's cheaper than what I'm wearing makes me so nervous. It's probably because necklaces are bigger and use more diamonds but still.