Life Update

A lot has happened in the past few months. Let's break it down.

1. My birthday
June 2. I turned 17! My last year as a kid. I feel so sad. I don't wanna grow up. It all happened too fast. Aside from finding out that I got a C in one of my classes and lost my 4.0, it was a great birthday! My friends brought presents to school for me and Taylor threw me a surprise party. I think this year broke the record for the number of people that remembered my birthday.

2. Summer camp
I went to an away camp for the first time! I made lots of new friends. My favorite part was definitely zip lining. Oh, and staying up past bed time to just talk with everyone. It was truly a movie like experience and I hate myself for refusing to go every year when Mom asked me if I wanted to go.

3. College visits
We went to so many different states as a family to go visit some colleges. We went to New York, California, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire. New York was my favorite stop because, well, it's New York.

4. Senior year
My senior year started! Can you believe it? My very last year of high school. How is that possible? I'm not ready to graduate and go out into the real world. It's so scary. But it's been a fun experience so far so that's good.

5. Award shows
I got to go to some award shows with Tay. I was sitting in the audience smirking when she went up to announce Midnights. I knew about it for so long and I was just happy that I didn't have to keep it a secret anymore. I myself have been dropping easter eggs on my socials and in person but no one noticed.

6. Midnights release
Release night was so much fun. Taylor baked us a Midnights themed cake and invited the people that worked on the album, and her friends over for a party. We all listened to Midnights and danced. The adults drank alcoholic beverages but I had some Red Bull. When the 3 AM Edition was released out into the world, we all went on our phones and cackled at the world going crazy about it. I love lurking on Twitter to see their reactions.

7. Homecoming
Once again, no date. I'm hoping I have a date for Prom. After all, it's my very last school dance. But we'll see. I went with my friend's friend who made it his mission to make it the best Homecoming ever for me. Taylor and I went dress shopping together and she helped me get ready. Oh, and I also got voted onto Homecoming court. Two years in a row! It was so exciting.

8. Taylor's birthday
She turned 33. That's so weird. In my head, she's still like 24. We went out to dinner as a family on the night of, and then she had a mini party at our house the next day. I got her a matching bracelet from Tiffany & Co. and we both put it on everyday.

9. Christmas
The best holiday of the year! Christmas in our household is a big deal. Especially for Taylor and I. We have tons of presents prepared for each other and a big dinner party. We also do a Christmas movie marathon. My favorite movie that we rewatched this year was definitely A Bad Moms Christmas. But Home Alone and Elf are classics and they will always remain the superior Christmas movies.

10. New Year's Day
2023! My graduation year! It's absolutely terrifying but oh well. We had a party (again) and I got to witness Drunk Taylor. That's the highlight of the night actually. My New Year's resolution is to drink more water.

11. College applications
I actually started applying in August but I didn't finish until January. I applied to a few schools Early Action and I got admitted to all of them, including my top choice school! Now we wait until April to hear back from a few more...

That's it for now. Other than the stress from school and paparazzi, it's been pretty fun. But seriously, I don't want to grow up.