Dinner Party

A/N I'm gonna be introducing a completely made up person in this chapter. Please just pretend like this person's a super talented pop star who's super cute and everyone has a crush on them.

"Hey!" Gigi greeted Taylor and I. We give each other a hug and she leads us into the kitchen, where everyone else is.

"Oh hey guys," Selena walks up to give us a hug as well, which we gladly return. Olivia and Cara were already there as well.

"We were just about to start getting everything out for dinner," Cara informs us. "Gigi made her sick Spicy Vodka Pasta. And she made a separate one without the vodka because Liv and Sky aren't old enough to be having alcohol."

"I'm almost there," Olivia excitedly says.

"I can't believe you're leaving me behind in the no alcohol group," I playfully shake my head. "Who else am I gonna talk to when everyone else is drunk at after parties?"

"Well, there's always Miles. Isn't he the same age as you?" Gigi asks.

"Pretty much. He's 5 months older than me." I tell her. Miles and I have known each other ever since he started in the entertainment industry, which was when we were around 6 years old. He started out as an actor. I'd mostly see him at award shows and backstage at talk shows. When we were 14, he put out his first single which became a huge hit. That's when he transitioned into music. He's been putting out albums and going on tour ever since. He still does acting but I think he focuses more on music now. Everyone loves him. My friends at school gush over him all the time. They talk about how cute he is and how sweet he is and how down to earth he is and how talented he is. And then they talk about how he's their celebrity crush. It's a little awkward for me because he's like my brother at this point. We've been best friends for so long and we know literally everything about each other. Late nights at after parties with drunk adults are perfect for spilling tea about your life and getting to know each other because you really have nothing else to do.

"Sky and Liv, what do you guys wanna drink?" Cara asks me as Taylor and Selena set the table.

"I'll have water please," I tell her.

"And I'll have some apple juice please," She lets Cara know.

Olivia and I start walking to the dining table. We sit next to each other. Taylor sits across from me and Selena sits across from Olivia. Gigi and Cara sit on the sides, across from each other.

Once everyone's seated and ready to eat, all of us start digging in. Well, most of us. I start with my water as usual. I can already feel some eyes on me. I look around the table and see Selena, Taylor, and Gigi all looking in my direction. I hate this. Three adults knowing makes skipping dinner impossible. And I already know they won't let me eat less than what's in front of me. Judging by the smaller plate and the evidently smaller portion of the pasta compared to the others, I can tell that Gigi reduced the amount that I'd have to eat so that I wouldn't be as overwhelmed. But this is still a lot. And pasta has so many calories in it. If this was salad, sure. But pasta? It needs to be way less than what she gave me.

Just then, I realize that Cara and Olivia haven't commented on this noticeably smaller portion of my meal. Does this mean they know? Did Taylor tell them? I'm fine with her telling them because I know them well and I trust them but I hate not knowing who knows. This was starting to make me extremely anxious for some reason. I drank more water and, before I knew it, I had run out of all the water that was in my cup. They still haven't said anything about the fact that I'm not eating. Normal people that don't know usually would've asked me if I was going to eat.

With the amount of pasta that I was expected to eat and the unclearness of whether Cara and Olivia know about the situation, I was starting to get really anxious.