The Hog's Head

Ahhhhh it feels so good to be back! I'm doing a bit of a time jump here, there'll probably be a few of these but you get the gist...

The day of the first meeting at the Hog's Head, Harry was a nervous wreck. Fred woke to find him pacing the dorm back and forth, still in his pyjamas, muttering to himself and chewing his nails, occasionally messing with his hair. Beside Fred, George was also wide awake and watching Harry stress.

'What's gotten into him?' Fred asked his brother, who shrugged. 'No idea, he didn't say. He's been pacing since before I woke up. I think it's the meeting, he's nervous.' Fred got out from under his blankets and caught Harry in his pacing by the shoulders. 'Hey, Harry. You good? What's wrong?'

Harry looked slightly pale, with slight bags under his eyes as though he hadn't slept. 'Fred, I really have no idea what I'm doing with this defence class. I'm literally just gonna have to wing it, I don't know what I was thinking.' Fred sighed and ran his fingers soothingly through Harry's hair. 'Harry James Potter. The Boy Who Lived. You've done way worse things than this.' Harry shook his head, still chewing his thumbnail. 'No, this is completely different. It was a stupid idea.
'Nonsense!' Fred exclaimed. 'No idea of Hermione Granger has ever been stupid. Harry, all you have to do today is tell them why you're making this group, explain to them why Umbridge's way of teaching is no good to them and motivate them to learn practically through you. You don't have to go through in-depth lesson plans, just let them know what you're doing and why you're doing it.

That seemed to relax Harry slightly. He sighed and shook his head. 'You're right, I don't know what's got into me. I just don't know how I'm going to teach them.' Fred kissed Harry, smiling down at him.
'You don't need to worry about that just yet, you don't even have any idea as to how many want to attend. Just focus on today's meeting, and we'll cross the lessons bridge when we get to it.' Harry nodded, now smiling, and the boys started getting dressed.

Once dressed, Fred, Harry and George headed down to meet Ron and Hermione in the Common Room. 'Ready for this?' Hermione said with an anticipated smile. George ruffled Harry's hair fondly before the younger teen even had chance to speak. 'Of course he is aren't you, Harrykins? He's been preparing his speech all morning!' Everyone smiled, and Harry groaned. 'I don't know, I'm still trying to think of what to say, I'll just have to see how it goes.' With that, the five of them headed out to Hogsmeade.

There were way more people than Harry had expected. Luna, Cho, Dean, even a few people Harry had never met before. 'Oh yeah, we invited a few friends.' Fred and George mentioned when some Seventh Years walked through the door. Once everyone was in and Fred and George had got the drinks, Harry, Ron and Hermione took seats in front of the group, each of them sharing looks in the awkward silence.

Fred, sensing Harry's anxiety, gave him a thumbs up and a wide grin from the back row. Harry took a deep breath, locked eyes with Fred and started speaking. Throughout his speech, his hands shook and he occasionally glanced back to Fred, each time receiving a proud and encouraging grin. He gradually gained confidence and courage to speak louder, with more detail and power. Fred almost glowed with pride watching his Harry lead a group so naturally.

Once the speech was over, naturally there was a few questions, mainly people questioning why Harry had chosen to do it. Harry and Ron each shared answering the questions, and there was a collective moment where it seemed to hit everyone that Voldemort was indeed actually back. It was that moment that seemed to be the decider that everyone in the room was going to sign the paper and join the group.

'Now at the moment, we're unsure as to where we're going to meet. It has to be somewhere Umbridge or anyone outside of this group won't find, and somewhere that's easily accessible for everyone. If anyone has any ideas, any at all, please let Harry, Ron or me know so we can check it out.' Hermione announced once everyone had signed the sheet. 'What about here?' Lee Jordan asked. Fred could've slapped him, the idiot. 'It's too small, dumbass.' George replied to a few snickers in the group. 'Oh yeah.' Lee mumbled in return.