Ginny's Secret

Sorrysorrysorrysorrysorry I didn't mean to take so long, I've been having some serious mind block!! Anyways, I'm gonna see where this chapter takes us, because I honestly have no idea.

Fred POV

"Detention? On Friday? Didn't you hear me say I wanted the WHOLE TEAM at tryouts?" Angelina roared in the middle of the Great Hall. Several nearby students went silent, Harry, George and Fred included. "Wha- Angelina, it's not my-!"
"DON'T YOU 'WHAT ANGELINA' ME!" Angelina interrupted, prodding Harry hard on his shoulder. "Ow! Alright, I'll try and sort something out!" Angelina poked him again. "No, you won't 'TRY'! YOU WILL!" She screeched, before turning in her heel and all but stomping away. "Wow." Harry breathed. "Wow, indeed." Fred agreed.
"I shouldn't have yelled at Umbridge."
"Nope."
"I should've kept my mouth shut."
"Yep."
"She's not gonna change her mind, is she?"
"Nope."
"Angelina's gonna kill me, isn't she?"
"Yep."
Harry groaned and trudged over to the Gryffindor table, where Ron and Hermione had saved them all seats. They had walked away as soon as Angelina had shouted Harry's name; very loudly. "We heard everything." Ron said. "You've got no chance, mate. You'll just have to take whatever Angelina says to you on the chin." He said glumly, before shoving a fried egg into his mouth and swallowing it whole. Fred wrapped his arm around his shoulders, giving him a light squeeze. "We'll cover for you. Whatever story you come up with, we'll back you up on it." Harry smiled up at him. "Thanks, guys. Guess I'm just gonna wing it and hope for the best. My first detention's tonight, so we'll just have to see how it pans out." Hermione looked at him questioningly.
"If you ask politely, and do tonight and tomorrow's detentions properly, to the highest possible standard, she might let you off." Harry shrugged. "Maybe. Then again, she's Dolores Umbridge, and I'm Harry Potter, so I can't see it happening." George huffed. "Worth a try." Harry nodded just as the bell rang.

The rest of the day dragged on until it was 8 o'clock, and time for Harry's detention. Fred kissed his forehead before he left, and wished him luck. Merlin knows what that old toad has planned for him. Just as the portrait door closed, there was a huff behind him, George, Ron, and Hermione, where they were all grouped on the big sofa in front of the fire. Fred turned. Ginny was sat at a table, glaring at Fred from the corner of her eye. Once they made contact, however, she averted her gaze to the book under her nose. "Problem, Ginny?" Fred asked. Ginny shrugged. "No, no problem. You just kiss your little boyfriend goodbye and be done with it." She smirked. Fred stood up, suddenly angry at his little sister. Hearing her words, his brothers and Hermione stood up as well. "What was that?" Fred hissed. By now, most of the Common Room has gone silent. Ginny stood up as well, only separated from her brothers and Hermione by the sofa. "I said 'just kiss you boyfriend goodbye and be done with it', or is your love for him too strong for you to hear?" She said dramatically. Fred could feel himself heating up with anger. "What is your problem, Ginny? Is this about you having that stupid teenage crush on Harry? Is that what this is?" His voice was steadily rising as he got angrier, more hurt. He could hear George and Ron breathing heavily either side of him, like a pair of angry bulls. "'Stupid teenage crush'? In case you haven't noticed, both you and Harry are still teenagers!" She yelled. Then she added in an undertone "I never had a crush on that f-." Before she had even finished her sentence, before she had even finished saying that blasted word, Fred lunged. George and Ron caught him at the arms and waist, and Hermione squealed. Several people gasped. "Ginny!" Hermione yelled. "How could you call Harry something like that?" The next scream of that same word was directed at Fred. This time, George and Ron had severe difficulty holding Fred back. "No, Fred! Don't hurt her!" Fred thrashed and kicked at his brothers, blood boiling and burning with rage at the smug look on his bitch of a sister's face. "NO! YOU WON'T TALK ABOUT HIM LIKE THAT! GET OFF ME!" George was shaking, so was Ron. Fred could feel hurt trying to override the anger. People in the Common Room were turning on Ginny. Fred's anger was getting weaker, the hurt making his eyes water and burn, the fight was leaving him, someone was bursting through the door... Fred let the hurt take over and collapsed, George and Ron catching him more sturdily and guiding him gently to the floor. Fred fell like a rag doll with cut strings the second his brothers let him go. There, the hurt was all he could feel. It squeezed his heart, boiled his blood and fried his muscles. It took over, making him limp with pain. He vaguely felt strong arms wrapping around him as he let out everything he had been holding in. Someone was shouting at Ginny... it was McGonagall. Fred grabbed onto the shirt of whoever was holding him. Taking a deep breath, he realised it was George. "How could Ginny do such a thing, Georgie?" Fred asked, cringing at the pain in his voice. "I don't know, Freddie. I don't know."