The Hearing

I don't own Harry Potter at all, and I sadly never will...

Fred POV

He was woken up on the day of his hearing by the bright sunlight and Harry getting dressed. Blinking against the light, Fred propped himself up on his elbow. "Well, that's always a welcome sight." He said, grinning. "Sorry. Tried not to wake you." Harry said as he stepped into his jeans. "'S'fine, Harrykins, I don't mind being woken up by your beautiful arse." Fred winked at his lover, who blushed profusely. "Will you two keep it down? I'm tryna sleep over here!" Came George's muffled voice from the next bed. "Sorry, Georgie!" Fred grinned. Talking from experience, waking George up early in the morning was not a good idea. The victim would probably end up with a dung bomb, pillow or sometimes a fist being thrown at them. Fred couldn't count on six pairs of hands how many time Percy, Charlie and Ron have come to terms with early morning George. Turning back to Harry, Fred lowered his voice to a whisper. "You feeling alright?" He asked, plastering a serious look on his face. Today was the day of Harry's hearing. Fred was nervous, very nervous, so he couldn't even start to imagine how Harry felt. "Not as bad as I thought I would. There's a thing that muggles say: 'truth will out' or something. Basically, I'm the one telling the truth. If I play my cards right, it'll all go well." Fred nodded. Harry had a strong argument, but his father had mentioned that the hearing was to be done by he Minister of Magic. "Just tell your story. Only tell facts. Don't even think about making anything up. Tell it how it was, and stick to it." Harry smiled and pulled Fred closer. Just before their lips touched, Fred pulled away. "I haven't brushed my teeth yet." Harry smirked and increased the pressure on the back of Fred's head, forcing their faces closer. "I don't care." Their lips touched, and Fred felt Harry relax. Sitting up, he pulled Harry into his lap and hugged him tightly, pressing kisses on his neck. "Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Harry sighed. "We've been through this, Fred. You can't. You'd just have to sit in your Dad's office for a couple of ours with that Perkins guy. I'd rather you waited here." Fred nodded. He knew it was useless to argue once Harry had made up his mind. "You're going to win. If it doesn't go to plan, then I'm dropping out of Hogwarts. We don't need grades- we're starting our own shop." Fred felt Harry kiss his neck. "I know. But, if it all does go south- don't drop out of Hogwarts. I need you to make sure nothing funny happens while I'm gone." Fred shook his head. "We shouldn't speak like this. You're going to win, and you're going back to Hogwarts. I don't care how you do it, but win the damn trial. You understand me?" Upon feeling Harry's nod, Fred released him and kissed his soft lips. "I believe in you. Now go on, clear off and let me get some more sleep." Harry snickered and kissed Fred again. "I'll see you later." With that, Harry walked out of the room.

Despite saying he wanted more sleep, Fred didn't get any. He just laid in bed, listening to George's light snores thinking about Harry's hearing. Some time after Harry left the room, Fred heard the front door open, then close, and he knew Harry had left. This isn't fair. Fred thought. He didn't do anything wrong, he only defended himself. What was he supposed to do, just let the damn Dementors attack him? Getting up, he walked over to George's bed. "Oi. George. I need to talk to you." George just grunted in his sleep and rolled over. "Brilliant. I'll go to Ginny then." After waiting a few more seconds, Fred sighed and left the room. Crossing the hall, he knocked on the door of his sister's room. He could hear voices coming from downstairs, but couldn't tell whose they were. Ginny opened the door a tiny crack, peering out at Fred. "What do you two want?" She asked, not particularly kindly. Fred brushed it off as early morning drowsiness. "It's just me. I need to talk to you." Then, he remembered she shared a room with Hermione. "Alone." Ginny nodded, and silently slipped out of the room. Fred led the way to the spare bedroom on the floor above. The nameplate read 'Regulus Arcturus Black.' "Must be Sirius' older brother or something." Fred said as he entered the room.