Dress Robes

I don't own Harry Potter or any of the characters, they belong to JK Rowling

Harry was sat in the Great Hall, next to Fred and Ron. It was Christmas Eve, and the Yule Ball was just 16 hours away. Safe to say, Harry was not in the best mood. "Aw, come on, Harry! It's gonna be great!" George said, leaning across the table to lightly punch Harry's arm. Fred nudged him. "Yeah, Harrykins, don't worry." He said. Harry merely grunted in response. He kept glancing over at Cho, sometimes making eye contact, before quickly looking back down at his plate. No, he couldn't think about Cho. Not today. "Oops." Fred muttered. Harry, Ron and Hermione instantly stood up and took a couple of steps back away from the table. "What are you three doing? It won't kill you!" George said, grinning. It was Ron who answered. "When it comes to you two, 'oops' usually means 'run, duck and cover'." This sent all five of them into a fit of roaring laughter.

After breakfast, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Neville, Dean, Seamus, Fred and George decided to have a 4 v 4 snowball fight out in the grounds. Harry, Seamus, Fred and Ron vs Neville, Hermione, Dean and George. Fred and George's friend Lee Jordan was refereeing and commentating, making sure no magic was used. Neville threw a well-aimed snowball at the back of Harry's head, sending an avalanche of snow down the best of his shirt, which caused him to hop around with an arched back for a solid five minutes, attempting to shake the cold snow out of his shirt. Fred and George were roaring with laughter the whole time, so Harry shoved a load of snow in George's face. George chased Harry round the grounds, and it was safe to say that Harry learnt not to mess with George Weasley. After the snowball fight, they headed down to the kitchens for some hot chocolate and cinnamon rolls, made by the house elves. Hermione, however, insisted on making her own, mumbling something about slave labour and SPEW as she did. Once they were all warmed up, Fred suggested they sneak into Hogsmeade, as he and George needed dress robes. Harry and Ron agreed. Harry himself needed dress robes, and Ron wanted to go to Honeydukes. Hermione, however, wasn't too fond of the idea. "Are you mad? It's Christmas Eve, teachers will be there!" Harry, Ron and the twins just gave her a blank look. "Honestly, Boys these days! You'll get caught, then you'll be banned from Hogsmeade!" She said shrilly. "So? Worth the risk. As we said, we need dress robes. We can't exactly go in our uniform." George said. Hermione just huffed. Harry, Ron, Fred and George bade goodbye to everyone else, before heading through the one-eyed witch passageway, laughing the whole way about the snowball fight. "Did you see Harry when Hermione threw that snowball at his face?!" Fred laughed. George doubled over with laughter, causing the others to stop and wait for him to calm down. "Sorry... ha ha, that was hilarious!" Ron laughed and clapped Harry on the shoulder. "Yeah, well, what about that one that George threw at your butt? Looked like you'd peed your pants!" Ron and George both roared with laughter, but Fred stuttered, trying to defend himself. "Hey, I-it got down my trousers and my undies! W-what did you expect?" He said, grinning. In what felt like no time at all, the four of them were climbing out of the passageway and into Honeydukes cellar. "Bloody hell, never been down here before!" Ron said, before grabbing a box of an assortment of sweets and stuffing the contents into his bag. "Ron! Now, we're troublemakers, but we're not thieves!" George said. Ron merely shrugged before lobbing a sickle into the empty box. "There. Sorted." Harry sighed. Once the twins and Ron weren't looking, he added a Galleon into the box. "Now it's sorted." He sighed under his breath. The four of them snuck out of the cellar, into the main store. Thankfully, the shop was quite busy, so nobody noticed the three students that had just appeared out of the ground. "We'll meet you back in the passageway, Ron. We need dress robes." Said Fred, gesturing to himself, George and Harry. All three of them had just bought a sizeable amount of sweets, dodging the questions of the till guy, who asked how old they were and if they should be in school. The three of them left rather hastily after saying bye to Ron and headed down the cold, icy street towards the robe shop.