Cries and Confusion

I don't own Harry Potter or any of the characters, they belong to JK Rowling

Btw, today is 2/5/2019. It's been 21 years since the Battle of Hogwarts. This one's for you, Fred /*

Harry was shaken awake. He could hear whimpers, and his eyes snapped open. It was still pitch black in the dormitory, a quick glance at the alarm clock showing it was 3:26am. All thoughts about the time, however, left his mind when he felt Fred next to him. He was twitching and whimpering, his whole body occasionally jerking. Harry rolled over quickly and sat up. Fred's face was covered in a layer of sweat, and was almost as white as the sheets beneath him. His expression was one of sheer terror, yet his eyes were still closed. He was murmuring almost incoherently, but Harry caught a few words. "What about... why does... no... no... come up... 'Arry..." Harry was frozen. He had no clue what to do. He was just about to shake Fred when he heard a groan coming from the bed next to theirs. George had woken up. Harry watched as the other Weasley twin sat up and swung his legs over the side of the bed. "'Arry? 'Zat you?" Harry motioned towards Fred, silently answering George's question. "I know. 'S why I woke up. Felt it." He laid a hand on his chest. Harry didn't really understand but he, once again, motioned to Fred as the older boy suddenly became more distressed, his entire body jerking. "Uh-oh." George said, now obviously wide awake. He crossed the distance between the two beds in three steps and told Harry to get off. George gently shook Fred's twitching shoulder. "Fred... Freddie. It's me, George. Come on, now, wake up." But Fred only jerked more, trying to curl away from George's hand. It was the strangest thing Harry had ever seen. The twins were cheerful, happy-go-lucky teenagers. Yet, here they were. George shook Fred's shoulder more vigorously and began speaking a little louder, with more urgency. "Fred. Fred, come on, mate. It's only a nightmare, I need you to wake up, Fred." But Fred showed no signs of waking up. "Ah, Merlin, this has never happened before. Fred! Fred, come on!" George said, his voice raising to almost a shout. Harry placed his hand gently on top of George's. "Let me." George thought for a second, then took a step back, nodding at Harry. Harry tried to wake Fred, but his efforts were fruitless. Fred was now all but thrashing in his sleep, and Lee was waking up. "George? 'Arry? Wassappening?" He said tiredly. Harry walked over to his bed and put a firm hand on his shoulder. "It's fine, we got it, Lee. Go back to sleep." Lee nodded slowly and laid back down, snoring the second his head hit the pillow. "HARRY!" George shouted. Harry whipped his head round. Fred was thrashing in his bed. As Harry watched, frozen in his position at the side of Lee's bed, Fred arched his back, cried out, then screamed at the top of his lungs. George also cried out and smacked a hand against his own chest. Lee and the other Sixth Year boy shot awake. Harry rushed over to Fred. "NO! HARRY! PLEASE, NOT HARRY! HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, HE'S A BOY!" Fred shouted in his sleep. Then, to Harry and George's utter shock, Fred let out a hair-raising, blood-curdling scream and bolted upright in bed, trying desperately to untangle himself from the covers as he continued yelling. Harry and George both tried to help him, but Fred cringed away. "NO! PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T HURT US! NO, GET AWAY! GET AWAY!" He shouted. Harry and George, the latter of which looked to be in a fair amount of pain, immediately backed away from the bed. Harry looked over at Lee, who had gone very pale. "Get McGonagall, now!" Lee nodded and scurried off. Harry turned to the other Sixth Year. "Make sure nobody comes in here except Lee and McGonagall!" The Sixth Year nodded and quickly followed Lee out of the door, shouting at a Second Year as he closed it behind him. Harry turned to George, who was definitely in pain. "George? What's wrong?" Harry shouted over Fred's screams and yells. "Hurts... when Fred... is scared." George replied. Harry nodded, making a mental note to ask later.

Harry and George were forced to watch as Fred continued to scream in his sub-conscious state. Whenever they tried to help him, Fred yelled at them to get away from him. By the time Professor McGonagall came back with Lee, Fred had almost screamed himself hoarse, but he was still shouting very loudly. McGonagall hurried over to them in her tartan dressing gown, her usually pristine hair a mess and a look of shock on her pale face. "Potter! What on earth is wrong with Mr Weasley?" She demanded upon seeing Fred. Harry hastened to reply. "I don't know... I-I was asleep a-and his twitching woke me up. We, m-meaning me and G-George, think he's having a nightmare, b-but George said he's never g-got like this before. Every time w-we try and h-help him, he-he screams at u-us." McGonagall nodded and hurried past Harry over to Fred. "Mr Weasley! Mr Weasley!" She shouted. Fred took no notice. "What usually wakes him up?" She asked George, who was still clearly in a lot of pain and was as white as the bedsheets. When he spoke, his voice sounded far away and wispy, as though he'd not drank anything all day. "Usually he doesn't get this bad. He might jerk a bit, a shake of the shoulders or a slap usually does it. It's never been this bad before." McGonagall took out her wand. "To all three of you, I apologise. Reliqua!" Fred's screams stopped abruptly and he collapsed, limp as a rag doll, onto the mattress. Harry staggered back a few steps. Surely Professor McGonagall wouldn't intentionally hurt Fred? Yet, he'd just collapsed, he wasn't moving at all. George had given a loud sigh and collapsed into the chair beside Fred's bed, a hand on his chest. He didn't look to be in pain anymore. McGonagall turned to Lee, who had sat back down on his own bed. "Mr Jordan, could you tell Mr Walsh that everyone is to return to their dormitories immediately." Lee nodded and hurried out of the room. McGonagall turned back to Harry's scared expression. "Don't worry, Mr Potter. That spell won't hurt him. He'll be ok. I will, however, need to take him to the Hospital Wing. He will need a Dreamless Sleep potion." Harry nodded. Everyone lapsed into silence, listening to the sounds of Lee and Walsh trying to get everyone back to their dorms. They could hear people protesting, demanding to know what's happening. Upon hearing the complaints, McGonagall excused herself to help the Sixth Years.