Back To Hogwarts

I don't own Harry Potter or its characters. Also, Happy Birthday to the wonderful JK Rowling, and our favourite Boy Who Lived.

Harry was shook awake the next morning by a disgruntled-looking Fred. "Harry. Harry, you need to get up." Harry blinked a couple of times, trying to get rid of the prickling in his scar. His parents had made an appearance in his dreams, which ended in that very same locked door. Sitting up in bed, Harry checked the clock. It was 8:30. "Have you finished packing your trunk?" Fred asked, as he threw a couple of socks into his own. "Yeah, packed last night." They got dressed in muggle clothing and dragged their trunks out into the hall. Harry groaned at the thought of carrying it down three flights of stairs. "Hang on." Fred said. "Oi, George! Waddya say we use a bit of fairy dust?" The twins grinned and made their trunks fly down the stairs. They only got one flight down, however, when there was a resounding crash and a scream, followed by the sound of things tumbling down the stairs. "Crap." George said, as the three of them hurried to lean over the banister. "Ginny!" They shouted over the screams of Mrs Black, who had been awakened by the crash. Ginny was sprawled out in the hall, laying on the floor and bleeding slightly. "FRED AND GEORGE WEASLEY, GET DOWN HERE NOW!" The three of them hurried down the stairs. Ginny had been moved to the living room, and Mrs Weasley looked furious. Harry whispered "good luck" to Fred, before hurrying back upstairs to wake Ron and avoid Mrs Weasley's wrath. "HOW DARE YOU! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? YOU COULD HAVE DONE HER A SERIOUS INJURY, YOU IDIOTS! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE OLDER-" her shouts, which mingled with that of Mrs Black, were cut short when Harry closed the door to Ron's room. Harry spotted his best friend, snoring on a bed in the corner of the room. Smirking to himself, Harry sprinted across the large room and pounced on top of Ron. "GET UP!" He screeched. Ron screamed and fought against Harry and the blankets. "WHAT'S GOING ON? WHO THE HELL ARE YOU? GEROFF ME!" Harry, laughing, slid off the bed and landed on the floor. Ron untangled himself from the brown blankets and looked down at Harry, then grinned. "I think Fred and George are starting to rub off on you, mate. Bloody hell you scared me." Harry clutched his stomach, ribs aching from laughing so hard. He took a deep breath to calm himself, then spoke. "Your Mum's shouting at the twins. They sent their trunks flying down the stairs, but they crashed into Ginny. She's ok, but you need to hurry up, or we'll miss the train." Ron nodded and stood up, gathering muggle clothes as he did so. Hermione came into the room sometime later, with Hedwig swaying on her arm. "Mum and Dad just sent her back. Are you nearly ready?" She asked, as Ron pulled on trainers. "Yeah. How's Ginny?" Hermione told them that Mrs Weasley has patched her up, but Mad-Eye was complaining that half the guard was missing. Although furious that they needed a guard, they all hurried down the stairs when Mrs Weasley screamed at them.

Fred POV

Fred walked to kings cross with Harry and George. They were surrounded by Order Members all the way there, particularly Tonks. He was hand-in-hand with Harry, who was being entertained by Sirius bounding around his legs. "Mad-Eye thinks you're bonkers for coming with us, Padfoot." Fred addressed the dog. Sirius barked and licked Fred's leg. "Lovely." He said, scrunching up his nose while Harry and George laughed. They picked up the pace at ten thirty, as they were still quite a bit away from the station. Fred started to wonder if they really were going to miss the train. Mum grumbled about Dad not being able to get Minister cars these days, and Mad-Eye wanting to wait for Sturgis. Sirius chased pigeons and bounced around them, giving them all a good laugh. The poor man had been trapped inside for too long.

Once they arrived at the station, Fred immediately spotted Lee, who called out "nice dog, Harry!" Harry grinned at him. "Thanks, Lee!" Fred looked over at his best friend. "Oi, Lee! Grab a compartment, we need to tell you something!" Lee gave him a thumbs-up and hurried towards the train. Fred hadn't got round to telling him about them being made Head Boys, or Mum's blessing for opening the shop. Lee was going to be ecstatic. "I can't believe I'm going back." Harry said quietly. Fred squeezes his hand. "But you are. You won. Now there's just a whole year of exams and exam preparation. This is Fifth and Seventh Year, after all." Harry groaned, but Fred heart lurched at the smirk that was ghosting his lips. He kissed them, relishing the softness, before Mum cane bustling over and separated them."Right, you lot. Mad-Eye's just arrived with the luggage." They unloaded their luggage, grabbing their respective trunks and standing them up beside them. Just when Harry set down his trunk, Dad came through with Ron and Hermione, and Lupin came through with Ginny. Both adults reported no trouble. Fred kissed Harry again, but it was a brief one. He didn't miss the look of disgust on Ginny's face. She still finds that disgusting? She needs to grow up. He thought, smiling to himself. Lupin shook all of their hands, telling them to look after themselves, giving Harry an extra clap on the shoulder. Moody also shook all of their hands, telling them to keep their eyes peeled and not to put anything in a letter that they hand any doubts about. To is hugged Ginny and Hermione, then winked at Harry. "It's been great meeting all of you." She said. "We'll see you soon, I expect." The warning whistle sounded, and they hurried towards the train. For a brief moment, Sirius reared and places it's front paws on Harry's shoulder in an almost hug-like fashion, but Mum shoved them all towards the doors. "For heaven's sake, act more like a dog, Sirius!" She exclaimed. They all waved out the window, Sirius chasing the train until they rounded a bend and the figures of his parents, he Order members, and the great black dog were gone. "He shouldn't have come with us." Hermione aside. "Oh cheer up, he hasn't seen daylight for ages!" Ron replied. Fred clapped his hands together. "Well, we're not gonna stand around batting all day. George and I have business to discuss with Lee. With that, he grabbed Harry's hand and went down the corridor to the right in search of Lee. "Shouldn't you two be in the Head's carriage?" George shook his head. "As if we want to stay in there. Nah, we prefer the main train." Fred grinned as they spotted Lee.