Chapter 13: Battle report! and a Date

3rd POV

Azur Lane

"What happened?" Asked Wales as the group touched down, seeing that Shoukaku was heavily wounded and Zuikaku was bleeding on her left arm a bit. 

"Bit of a story. I'll explain once we get Shoukaku to the infirmary." Said Trunks.

Belfast nodded. "Follow me master Trunks." She then led Trunks to the Infirmary. 

"I believe we have many things to discuss." Said Wales. "Please, Y/N, Vegeta, and you too Purifier, follow me." 

Timeskip

"Now then." Said Wales as She and Enterprise sat down facing the group. "What happened out there?"

"Well," Started Y/N. "Everything was fine at first, except for the fog, but that wasn't a problem, due to Ki sensing. But things got a little out of hand when Hermit showed up." 

"Hermit?" Asked Wales. "I presumed she was dead, seeing how Vegeta sent her flying into an island." 

"Yeah, I was shocked as well." He then went on to explain everything that happened, from Shoukaku getting hit, to the Galick Kamehameha, and the Stardust Fall the destroyed the last of the Siren fleet. 

"I see..." Wales said after a moment of silence. "While I am glad that the last of the siren forces has been dealt with, I am concerned on how Hermit the IX managed to return. If she managed to come back, then there is a chance that Empress may do the same." 

"Nah, that'd never happen." Said Purifier, laying on her rig. 

"How do you know this?" Asked Enterprise. 

"Cause I've been slammed into a wall a bunch of times, and had my head blown off, and that didn't kill me. The only way to kill us is to either damage us beyond repair, like the saiyans can, vaporize us, like the saiyans can, or completely disintegrate us, like the saiyans can." 

"And why did you not tell us this you idiot!?" Yelled Vegeta as he stood up.

"Cause ya never asked." Said Purifier.

"Vegeta, It's Purifier, of course she'd never tell us without us asking." Said Y/N. 

"I tale offense to that! Partly." 

"Well now, seeing as how the siren fleet was destroyed, I can say the mission was a success. You are all free to leave." 

Timeskip 

It was late at night, and most of the ship girls were currently sleeping peacefully in their beds. The Sakura and Iron Blood dorms had not been constructed yet, so many of the Crimson Axis shipgirls had to share rooms. One of these was Ayanami, who was sharing a room with Laffey, Javelin, and Z23. Ayanami stood up, not able to sleep it seems, and put on her clothes and went for a walk outside the academy. 

She walks trough the empty path ways, trying to figure out what it all meant. But what she didn't know, is that one spot on the pathway was not quite empty. Along the way, she found Y/N sitting there, legs crossed and one hand on top of the other, meditating peacefully. She became perplexed and approached the silent saiyan. When she got close enough, Y/N opened his left eye to peak at her.

"Trouble sleeping?" He asked, closing his eyes again. 

"N-no, not really." Ayanami replied. "There's...just so much I don't understand." 

"Like?" 

"You. I just don't seem to understand how you enjoy fighting so much. I never really like to fight. If I fight, then my friends who are with me tend to get hurt. You seem to want to fight whenever you get the chance. I just don't understand. I don't understand why I have to fight, even if I don't like it."