Episode 13: Collateral Damage (Pt. 1)

By the time we're finished,

Izaac: "Im starving. Let's get cooking."

I try to help him out, but I get the feeling I'm just getting in his way, so for most of the part I just watch him.

"Wow, that's impressive. You're really good at this. You should consider opening up your own restaurant someday."

Izaac: I don't think so."

He immediately dismisses the idea.

Izaac: "It's just a hobby. I like being able to eat whenever I feel like whenever. I couldn't do that if I were a chef."

"That makes sense. What do you want to do in the future?"

Izaac: "There's not really anything that interests me..."

"Not anything?"

Izaac: "I plan on going to university and all, but after that I haven't given it much thought."

"Is that so."

Izaac: "What about you?"

"I'm thinking about trying to do something fashion related."

Izaac: "Like becoming a designer or something?"

"I don't think I could be a designer. I don't have that kind of talent, and I'm not good with my hands."

Izaac: "I can tell that just by the way you only watched while I did all the cooking."

"Hey, now."

I cracked a small smile.

Izaac: "So more like a stylist? Like Emily?"

"I guess I'd like to become an editor at a fashion magazine."

Izaac: "An editor, huh. Did you always like fashion?"

"Yeah, ever since I was little."

Izaac: "That's cool."

"I've always loved clothes, and I used to spend hours and hours dressing up dolls in crazy outfits. I even used to put little fashion shows for my family. I'm always spending all my money on clothes and fashion magazines. I figured I might as well make a career out of it."

Izaac: "Sounds like a good plan."

He seems pretty amused by my little story.

"Actually, one of the reasons I decided to move to New York is because I want to start a career in fashion."

Izaac: "You seem pretty serious about this."

"Really? I don't know, I don't feel like I'm working hard enough, through."

Izaac: "After you came here?"

"People from all of the world come to New York and the people here have a really unique fashion sense. It's great. I get so much inspiration just walking around Manhattan or Brooklyn, it's crazy."

Izaac: "When you put it like that, I guess it is."

"It would be a waste not to do something with all that inspiration. I can't think of anything better than being able to write about it."

Izaac: "I see what you mean. I'm kind of surprised."

"About what?"

Izaac: "I didn't know you'd thought about the future out so seriously."

"Is that strange?"

Izaac: "Well, most of the people around just live in the moment without putting much thought into what happens next. Or a lot of them just plan on not working and living off their parent's trust funds. It's cool that you have an actual career plan. I think you've got what it takes to make it happen."