12.

To live is to breath anew, after all the turmoils of life have taken their pound of flesh.

Melrose Khalil Faith.

Necmi held him close, his body flush against his in their most primal and natural state, they breathed as one, as their bodies themselves glowed a dim light, something angelic about them, it was pouring outside, the storm had hit a little after dark, but it didn't matter since they hadn't planned on leaving Mel's dorm anyway, as Mel comfortable in his sleep, peacefully held by his boyfriend stirred, lightning flashed in the sky outside, golden streaks of hauntingly gorgeous bolts of pure electricity, one would expect that the thunder that followed would shake the school but nothing happened, except in Mel's mind where thunder drummed, it drummed so louldy that he jolted awake, Necmi's hold over his body couldn't keep him down, it was too powerful a call to ignore. "Love, what's wrong?" Necmi questioned as he woke up too, he held Mel close to him  rubbing his back for comfort and it worked only for a moment.

"Something is wrong, can you feel it?" Mel questioned his lover but Necmi shook his head in refusal, his features tinted with worry over Mel. "Oh." That's the only thing Mel could utter as his whole being was being tugged by the unknown force. "You should go, whatever it is." Necmi finally spoke, but Mel didn't want to leave him alone, he might've been okay now, back to his normal self after a few days of pampering, therapy and heavy carnal interludes with Mel, as the therapist called their sexual escapades every time they were free, he couldn't just go, he never wanted to leave Necmi alone but whatever was calling out to him, was important. "I'll be okay baby." Necmi assured as he kissed the side of Mel's head, Mel nodded knowing he had to go, Necmi would be okay, it was just his insecurity over him that plagued his mind, he was fine, he was okay.

So Mel got off the bed, grabbed the nearest clothes he could find which was Necmi's sweater that came down to his knees like a dress and made his way out, once in the hallway Mel held out his hand and a portal opened  he walked past its threshold and was taken to a sight that caused dread to rake his whole being. "Anhukat sacrificio meldat nokriat alt—" It was a teen, wearing the school's official uniform, he was kneeling in a circle of salt and ash, a bowl of blood and other pieces burning in a red flame around him, somehow the rain wasn't pouring down on him since he was in the middle of the burnt forest, caused by the demon he and his bonded had killed, Mel concluded it was his power shielding him. "Vihnketa rhotusi akma—." He continued as the sky rumbled, the very air around the boy and Mel sizzled and groaned with power. "Stop!" Mel yelled over the pounding of the storm.

The boy's haunted eyes snapped to Mel who stood in the middle of the ruin untouched by the ash or the rain. "Why?!" The boy argued, his eyes a bright red, his face cracking at the corruption of dark mana invading his body. "You don't know what you're doing, you don't know what you're calling out to, what you're bringing back, whatever was promised, its a lie!" Mel explained as he tried to get closer to the boy, if he didn't stop now, he'd die and they would have a mess on their hands,  he wasn't keen on handling one after the past few days. "Stop, stay away!" The boy hissed, his red glowing eyes flickering, then he waved his hand, a red slash of energy came for Mel, destroying everything in its path like decay and explosion, Mel held out his hand and obsidian tendrils shot out of his hand, tangled themselves over the energy and destroyed it with ease.

The boy had turned into a mumbling mess, as his ritual had reached its peak, a black void of warping energy grew out of thin air just beyond the circle of salt and ash. "Anna!" He cried out in delight but Mel could see what was clawing it's way out of the void, a demon of chaos, with one hand past the void a chill spread all over the school, the sky darkened, the rain changed, —a deep blood red settling in, though it still poured down in heavy sheets, Mel knew he had to stop the boy from committing this atrocity before the others got there because they surely had felt what Mel could feel from the being forcing himself out of the void. "Stop, you need to break the bind, that is not Anna." Mel argued hoping he could get through, if he intervened he could hurt the boy. "Look at it, do you think thats your beloved?!" Mel yelled in frustration, the boy looked to the figure halfway through and horror struck his face.