14.

Necmi Laughlin.

He was worried, very worried, not only had he gone overboard and summoned half his true power into the arena, but it forced Mel to intervene, curb the dangerous attack, he had saved the school and also himself and Hamish, now it was decided, he would sit at the council head but that didn't matter, what mattered was how angry his Mel would be. So he sat on the med centre bed, he had been attended to and the nurse had ordered he stay put for a few hours so his critical injuries healed better. "Nuno!" The familiar voice squealed as the boy barged into the room as energetic as ever. "Angelo, hey pumpkin, you see me win?!" Necmi was cheered up, his excitement to see Angelo made him worry less about Mel who walked into the room next, his silence caused both boys to simmer down their excitement.

"Hey babe, heroes welcome." Necmi tried with a chuckle but all he got was a glare in return. "He's mad." Angelo whispered as he clambered down from the bed and went to sit on the couch in the room, it left Necmi feeling vulnerable to Melrose's wrath, he looked to Mel and tried to smile but it didnt work until he breathed in deep and walked toward him, he waited, waited agonizingly but all Mel did, was hug him. "Idiot." Mel muttered, a slight break in his voice, Necmi didn't need to feel any deeper that Mel was crying, all he could feel now wasn't anger, but sadness and a deep seated worry. "I'm sorry bebe." Necmi apologized as he held on tightly to his love, the love of his life, he was sure he'd never want another. "You're an idiot." Mel sniffled as he held on tightly to him and indeed Necmi felt like an idiot, it was better to have Mel angry, than sad and worried as he was, before he could untangle himself from his love a soothing sensation ran through Necmi, it felt as if his whole body was being flooded with warm water, restoring, healing and filling, it left him feeling exhilarated, also feeling fuzzy and warm, the kind of feeling you get when you eat warm chocolate in winter, snug.

"Thank you, my love." Necmi whispered as he finally untangled himself from their hug and kissed him, kissed all his worries away. "You do know I'm still here right." Angelo mumbled behind the two and it elicited a chuckle from both of them. "Come here big boy and tell me about your day." Necmi called out and Angelo didn't waste time making himself comfortable on the large angel's lap. "So the school knows." Mel began and Necmi shivered, it was bound to happen with everything that had been going on, he just wanted Mel to be prepared for it. "Harry and the staff already knew, so for them, its just eh, — but the school in general and the other archs had no idea, well some of them and it doesn't seem they feel threatened, the factions themselves especially the hunters regard me with more, I don't know how to call it, —friendliness." Mel explained with a chuckle, inturn making Necmi chuckle, his relief knew no bounds, atleast no one seemed to mind that Mel had hidden himself and his true identity, he only hoped it stayed that way and no one didn't get funny ideas to challenge him. It wouldn't go well for them.

"Whatever happens, I'll supoort you, and I will defend you, your honour and your house, with all the might of house Raziel." Necmi proclaimed, his words came from his heart as he took Mel's hand in his. "What are you doing?" Mel questioned, flustered by his sudden proclamation, he knew that Mel was skittish, but he loved him. "I just don't want to be your boyfriend, so I'm staking my claim, I asked my dad yesterday to give your mom a formal claim in my name, and your mom messaged me directly before the test, she accepted." Necmi finally announced his news, all sorts of reactions went through Mel's face until he settled on joy with a beaming smile. "Say yes, be mine, in this life, the next, and the ones that will come?" Necmi mumbled as he got to one knee and Mel nodded furiously. "Yes, yes— Goddess yes." Mel replied his eyes pooling with tears as a titanium forge ring with the largest ruby Mel had ever seen was placed on his finger. A formal claim meant they were betrothed to wed, when the wedding was, it was up to them, as the mark of house Raziel slowly branded itself on Mel's wrist along with Necmi's scent mingling with Mels,  everyone would know, he was claimed.