22.

Harwin Academy.
Damian Of House Ariel.

"Father I can't do this, to betray them, bring chaos in the world, haven't we already done enough by giving that demon the two pieces?" Damian demanded as he looked at the image of his father in front of him, he looked worn down and tired, for an arch angel that said something. "Son, we are house Ariel, the other five do not care about us, they care about themselves, we thrive in chaos, and that's why I'm bringing chaos so that we can be great again, do you find it amusing when the mistress of house Lucifer and her children walk all over us as if we were lesser, she has acquired both the north and the south by strategically playing the long game, Killian's first was a girl, second was a son, he'd hoped to get a third son but it was yet again a girl, then Ceres just happened to come into view, she gave him a son, a worthy successor, and to seal her house's future in wealth she have him a second son." Beau spat as he sighed and relaxed back in what seemed to be his office chair whilst Damian thought over his words.

"She's now accepted a mating with the Raziel heir, a perfect plan, she now has three houses who will support her no matter what and I hear the Gabriel heir has taken an interest in one of Lucifer's children, a hunter, if her plans should succeed an alliance will be made, she would've dismantled the houses capable of fighting back if she chose to exercise her power, son—this is not just about us now, it's about the future of our people and our house, Ceres Faith and her revived house are coming for it all, they say a Lucifer never forgets and don't think she will as we supported house Michael in the destruction of her house, this is the only way Damian, we need to find a way to bring chaos, dismantle her house and her alliances, so that we can again find ourselves with suitable alliances for yourself and your brothers." He finished and all Damian wanted was to ignore his father's words.

The man had always been overly suspicious, created scenarios in his head that were sometimes not real but this didn't seem wrong, everything he'd said had happened, but his fear of the mistress —that was irrational, he knew there was something more than just a fleeting fear that would have his father so convinced that Ceres Faith would turn, or was it rather his father himself. "Do as I say boy, once they find and bring back the pieces, open a portal from the coordinates I sent you and the rest will take care of itself." He was ordered and Damian couldn't refuse."Yes father." There was no turning back now, and his betrayal was about to cost lives.

The Vanquishing Of Korva Aftermath
The Past.

Translucent golden light burned brilliantly as Hamish, Selena, Denali, Matteo and Laurie found themselves in the past, it was night time as the moon shined above them, it was so silent and serene yet they could all feel the haunting energy that remained in the air, it was different in the future. "I feel weird." Matteo signed and Denali nodded. "Me as well." She replied as Hamish straightened out. "Take your time to adjust to the energy here, it's chaotic since the war just recently ended and as for Matteo, here this energy will affect you most." Hamish explained as a low golden glow finally encased their bodies as Hamish gave his jacket over to Matteo.

"How will a jacket help?" Laurie asked as she came up next to the two men. "It's a filter imbued with Mel's signature energy, I had him make one for me just incase I needed his will to focus my strength but since Matteo is having a hard time I'd rather it help him absorb the energy around us." He explained as Matteo nodded with a smile. "Alright, I don't know where we are but it seems my brother secured our connection to him, we need to hurry." Selena asserted and they all nodded turning their attention to her and Hamish. "We learned that the insatiable was cut into eight right, but where were the pieces taken before they were given to their protectors?" Hamish questioned as blinding light cascaded into the night sky, six different beings that were marked with holy light dispersing in different directions.