15.

Secrets and Bonds

Melrose Faith.

Walking down the hallways of Harwin was torture for Mel, after the horrendous and disastrous meeting with his father and grandfather, trying to go unnoticed was hard especially when the staff and students regarded him with eyes filled with curiousity and awe, a lot was going on in Mel's mind and the extra attention he really didn't want. Harry had assured him that the school knew nothing about his parentage and Mel hoped it stayed that way, he had enough of the man and luckily Harry had kept him away for the rest of his visit in the days that came, he was glad, now he was gone, if only the lingering feeling of his past trauma and Selena trying to talk to him would go away too. He didn't know if he could handle not being triggered when he looked at his older sister, it just wasn't something he wanted, Selena had been herself when they met, that was her and trying to see her in a different light was next to impossible, so it was better to just avoid her.

"Hey, you doing okay?" Laurie asked Mel as they stood near the entrance of his next class, demonology class five, Mel couldn't help feel a myriad of emotions over the simple question, was he okay — maybe he was, deep down he wasn't and Necmi and the others truly understood that and were helping him through it. "Honestly, I'm better today, what's up?" Mel replied, relief somewhat feeding into his being, his words had depth, he wasn't just saying he was okay, he was getting there, slowly. "Nothing really, fifth class of the day, missions resume soon and we'll finally be able to find out why we're being attacked." Laurie replied as both of their heeled feet clicked on the tiled floor, Mel had chosen six inch heels whilst the girl next to him had seven inch heels that seemed to fit perfectly with her short form, it was a necessity since most if not all the guys in their group were past 6'4 so the heels were a good fit. "About that, I might have an idea, and we've come to the right place to ask about it." Mel mentioned to the intrigued girl who nodded as he led the way into the class.

"Good morning Sir Tempest." Mel addressed the teacher who bowed for him. "Please don't, I'm still your regular student." He reprimanded the man who waved it off. "You still are but that's not the reason I bowed—." The man replied as his eyes changed shades into an array of different colors, like Melrose when his power surfaced, that's when Mel realized, sir Tempest was a true born of house Lucifer, and he recognized him as the next head, that's why he bowed. "Thank you, we have a question." Mel asserted and the man nodded, as Mel dragged Laurie who was trying not to be part of the discussion—out of habit, closer to the angel. "Yes, of course." Tempest replied eagerly. "I have information on the insatiable demon, unable to die, split into eight parts, I want to know what you know?" Mel questioned the man, surprising not only Tempest but Laurie.  "Mel—." She grabbed his arm gently. "Are you saying that— no you can't be, he couldn't be revived." Laurie couldn't form the sentences which truly made sense to Mel, and as for Tempest he was frozen in shock.

Many would think that the princes of hell led by Asmodeus would be the most feared demons in all of creation, true to their reputation, the princes were undoubtedly a terror upon mankind but there were other demons who gained their power through deeds and acts so vile humanity had to be wiped out or erased in order to make sure the catastrophes and horrors they unleashed on the land would be forgotten, a necessary sacrifice, one such demon was Korva the insatiable, such as his name Mel knew how his hunger led to wars, both in the human and mystic worlds, he caused mass deaths, mass genocide, catastrophic events that led to entire angelic houses being decimated in a single century. It's why Tempest and Laurie were uneasy, the history of this particular demon made them uneasy. "All I know is what history wiped clean teaches us all, you—your grace would know much more, history isn't biased or rewritten for you." Tempest replied as he led them away from the almost filled out class to his office which was in an adjoined room to the bigger classroom designed for lectures. "Eight parted pieces, two to the humans lost to time, two were given to the Clair Haven to guard, two were hidden in another dimension, past, present or futuristic no one knows and two were given to the Academy, but there is a rumor that floated about the school fifty years back that the relics of insatiables essence were removed from the school inorder to protect it." Tempest explained as he showed Laurie and Mel each of the relics on a scroll he had unfurled, Mel knew what they looked like and now he truly knew that it was Korva who had warned him not to get involved, he was the one who had been sending demons to the school, the rumor was a lie, the relics never left the school, Korva had them.