Plane trips are hell.

Ashila's P.o.v

Seven hours. Seven fucking hours. Where the fuck am I going?! Mars. Seven hours. Thats how long I have to be on this dumbass plane. This is so not gonna be fun I tell myself whilst I walk down the aisle and head to my seat. Sitting down I place my backpack on the seat next to me. I analyse my clothes, washout cutout knee jeans and a white band tee with led zeppelin on it. Not good sleeping clothes.

I sign and look out the window realising I have a window seat which over looks the right wing. I slouch down and put my earphones in, trying to block out the world. Keyword trying. There's a fat old guy already asleep snoring two seats across from me and a crying child behind me. Great.

Buts what makes this trip even better is how my father just brushed me off. I mean I don't really mind but seriously. He got the diver to wake me up in the middle of the fuck night and the driver had to explain that my father had already booked me a plane ticket. That's cool, yeah like whatever dad. But what makes it even better is he wasn't the one to tell me, he paid the diver fifty bucks to tell me. A lot of love right there. Thanks dad. Asshole.

Some people think I'm to harsh on him but they don't realise how tough he was and still tries to be on me. Its why I do the things I do. Lets start from the beginning shall we; 

Number uno: When I was born he refused to see me for two weeks because I was a girl. He wanted a boy to take over his stupid million dollar business and mum couldn't have babies, it was a miracle I was even born. 

Number dos: When I was six and he had all his business buddies over for a dinner, one of them asked what I wanted to be when I grew up. Me being me the naive little girl said "I wanna be just like daddy" and you know what, father laughed at me and told me I had to be a princess. A bloody princess. 

Number tres: When I was thirteen mum got cancer, he asked for a divorce, gave her some money and sent her to the hospital because he wanted a picture perfect family. He got remarried to Penny a week before she died. 

Number cuatro: When I was fifteen I found out that he paid all my 'friends' to be just that my 'friends'. So then I decided to control my own life since he had been controlling my life since the beginning of it. I dropped all my 'friends', start dressing how I like and do what I want.

The fat old man must have a throat problem, he's snoring as loud as a walrus and child behind me must have lungs of a goat because that's exactly what he sounds like. I close my eyes and focus on the music, Nirvana - 'Smells like teen spirit' and I let the darkness of sleep overtake me.
__________________________

Waking up, pulling my earphones out I look around and realise the crying child is now asleep and the fat old guy has rolled onto his side effectively stoping his snoring. I look out of the plane, the sun only just coming up leaving rays of purples, oranges, yellows and blues. Beautiful. I look at my phone. Five hours to go. Oh great. Now sleep is out of the question I'm as awake as anything. My phone is about to die so music is also out of the question. The old fat man stirs in his sleep and no no no rolls onto him back which brings his snoring back. Only this time louder. It is going to be a long ride. Too long. Goddess I want to scream.